Sanusi lashes back at those calling for his sack Reviewed by Momizat on . The governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), Sanusi Lamido Sanusi has lashed out on those calling for his sack over his purported statement that the feder The governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), Sanusi Lamido Sanusi has lashed out on those calling for his sack over his purported statement that the feder Rating:
You Are Here: Home » Breaking News » Sanusi lashes back at those calling for his sack

Sanusi lashes back at those calling for his sack

The governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), Sanusi Lamido Sanusi has lashed out on those calling for his sack over his purported statement that the federal government should reduce the work force in the country.

Speaking to Channels Television’s correspondent, Chukwuma Onuekwusi, in London at the end of the 13th session of the Honorary International Investors council meeting, Mr Sanusi said that those calling for his sack “are shying away from the reality of the time”.

He said he was not talking about the sack of civil servants but a reduction in the size of political appointees who take 70 percent of government revenue leaving a mere 30 percent for the 160 million Nigerians.

According to him “what Nigeria is practising is an American system of government that is very expensive”.

He said that he cannot join issues with anyone calling for his sack.

About The Author

Number of Entries : 18582
  • DavisOmon

    I don’t think the CBN doss referred to Nigerian workers but to he cost of running Govt.No sensible Govt will spend 70%of the budget on recurrent expenditure leaving only 30% for capital projects.Even in our individual business you can’t run the account that way or the company will not grow.The bulk of the expense go to the National Assembly which is not generating any profit for the country.If hat is the case how do we create jobs for the younger ones coming after us.We should try to down size the National Assembly to have some money for the generation of the much needed investment to create jobs in the country.They should not try to create bad blood between the CBN and Nigerians because he will not be part of a Govt who will cut the size of Nigeria workers because he knows the impact that will have on the ordinary Nigerian who has be so downtrodden in this current dispensation.

    • Kalitaaruku

      One arm of the national assembly needs to be scrapped because in truth they mix up their jobs most times

      • Nzube1

        I think Nigeria needs a bicameral National assembly. Having 2 chambers will speed up the process of initiating bills as opposed to a unicameral legislature; where there could be a backlog of pending bills due to the limited number of legislators/legislative committees.

        However, I do believe that at least 100 seats should be cut from the House Of Reps, while 8 seats should be eliminated in the Senate. To achieve that, the constitution has to be amended to limit the # of Senators to 2 per state. 1 senator will still represent the FCT. The total remuneration of the federal legislators should also be cut by at least, 45%.

          In addition, there should be a maximum of 30 Federal ministers (maximum of 5 ministers per Geo-political zone), instead of the current 43. This proposal would also require a constitutional amendment. Hundreds of millions/billions of Naira would be saved, which can be used for infrastructural development or kept in the foreign reserve.

        • http://profile.yahoo.com/EMPWMAX2HNFYDLFRTS6VG2Z6SE Plasma

           … or stolen and kept in private bank accounts abroad. We can slash the number of Ministers, Senators or House of Rep members but i do not see that doing us any good. it will just mean that those remaining will have more money to steal.

  • onuigbo

    If all the Nigeria government workers is reduced to 1/3 there will be not reduction nor increase in over all production. So what is all these bra bra bra. Sanusi is absolutely correct. For get about these morons egg head legislators and so called labor leaders that never contributed a farthing in Nigeria development. Because they will become redundant if what Sanusi suggested ever happens, so they have to shout foul above anyone-else. The infamous Nigeria factor of killing the messenger.

Contact us  |  +23412131214

© 2013 Channels Incorporated Limited - Powered by IDS Africa Limited

Scroll to top