LG to Launch Mammoth 100 Inch TV In January
“LG’s 100-inch class Laser TV takes projection technology and makes it perfectly suitable for both the boardroom and the living room,” said Havis Kwon, President and CEO of the LG Electronics Home Entertainment Company.
He further said, “In the coming year, LG will continue to introduce innovative TV products to provide an outstanding productivity and entertainment experience for our customers.”
LG claimed that the laser TV projector’s size will make installation and viewing easier by allowing users to place the lens just 22 inches (56 cm) from the screen. Users will have the option to position the projector near the floor or have it fixed to the ceiling.
Key Specifications of LG Hecto Laser TV includes:
- The ‘LG Hecto’ laser TV offers Full HD 1080p resolution.
- The laser TV features 1,000,000:1 dynamic contrast ratio with the help of advanced laser-based illumination system.
- LG Hecto measures just 5.7 inches high but it is packed with two 10W built-in speakers embedded in the projection unit for virtual surround sound effect.
- The device sports 3 HDMIs to allow connections of other source devices.
- The laser TV comes with a digital tuner and an optical audio output.
- The projector based TV comes with RS-232 interface which allows integration of most home theater systems in the market.
- The Laser TV supports LG’s Smart TV platform. With the help of built-in WiFi, the projector can stream videos directly from premium content providers like Netflix, YouTube etc.
- The system allows users to customize personal contents such as pictures, home videos and music libraries through USB or LG Cloud-based services.
- Taking note of its features, Hecto Laser TV makes up as a giant entertainment system which can also be used for office presentation purposes.
The price and date of availability of the device is still under wraps. LG is expected to reveal more information at the CES.
Rival Samsung is also unveiling its LED-based Smart TV at the electronics trade show in Las Vegas.