Eight Dead In Kano School Of Hygiene’s Explosion

Channels Television  
Updated June 23, 2014

bomb-explosionEight persons have been confirmed dead in a blast at the School of Hygiene in Kano, the Kano State capital in northern Nigeria.

The blast, which occurred on Monday, is suspected to have been from an explosive device.

Briefing reporters in Abuja, the coordinator of the National Information Centre, Mr Mike Omeri, said “several others who sustained several degrees of injuries are receiving medical attention at various health centres across the state.

Mr Omeri also announced the death of a notorious terrorist, Mallam Husseini, who died in an encounter between members of the Boko Haram sect and a Military convoy along Jos-Bauchi high way.

The ‎spokesperson of the Kano Police, Magaji Majiya, who earlier confirmed the blast, told reporters that officers were on their way to the scene of the blast.

He said the area had been cordoned off and that the commissioner would address the media at the scene.

No group has claimed responsibility for the attack but a terrorist group, Boko Haram has carried out similar attacks in Kano and states in Nigeria’s northeast region.