FG’ll Do All It Takes To Free Remaining Chibok Girls – Adesina

Channels Television  
Updated May 8, 2017

Special Adviser to the President on Media and Publicity, Femi Adesina, has said that the Federal Government will do whatever it takes to secure the release of the remaining abducted Chibok school girls.

He made this known while speaking on Channels Television’s breakfast show, Sunrise Daily, after the release of 82 more girls on Saturday.

According to him, the release of the 82 girls would have come earlier, if not for some hitches in the negotiation process. He, however, refused to give details, as they were security-related.

“When the first set came back in October last year, it was disclosed that it was a show of goodwill from their captors and a lot more would follow immediately, but some issues came up and over the months, those issues were resolved and that has led to the return of the 82 that we have now.”

Meanwhile, there have been questions about whether or not the girls were kept in any boarding facility while negotiations were ongoing.

Some have said this set  of girls look a lot better than the last set of 21 girls released in October 2016.

In reaction, Adesina said the girls had been spruced up before they arrived at the Villa.

He, however, explained that their welfare while in captivity also depended largely on the faction of the Boko Haram sect that was holding them.

“Don’t forget that all the girls are not held by one faction of Boko Haram; so it depends on the faction holding them, and how well or how badly they treated them.”

According to him, although the number of Boko Haram factions cannot be categorically stated, there are definitely more than one faction of the terrorist group.

Read Also: Buhari Meets With Freed Chibok Girls