Channels TV seeks Video Editors for Electronic News Gathering at its Headquarters in Lagos.
ENG Editor (Electronic News Gathering)
Channels TV, 44-48 Channels TV Avenue, Isheri North, Lagos State
The ENG Editor would be responsible for editing the news reports and Programmes as well as the reports brought in from assignments and bureaus by Reporters and Programme Producers. ENG Editor will edit montage and promos. Must be able to advise on the quality of shots expected from field assignment.
• Must be able to work with all aspects of electronic news gathering/production/editing.
• Editing Programmes, Reports, Promos and announcements.
• Must be able to do colour correction where necessary, audio balancing , light balancing and special effects. Familiarity with all aspects of field video, audio and lighting.
• Creation of montage for Station Programmes and Documentary.
• Will be responsible for all sound and lighting work including wireless and portable mixers.
• Must be familiar with editing and feeding Studio Camera and control room audio.
• Familiarity with live broadcast production and remote production.
• Will operate video recording equipment
• Must have experience as a Motion Graphics Editor.
• Must be able to use Video Editing Suites, Final Cut Pro (FCP), Adobe Suites (Premier, Aftereffects, etc.). 3D knowledge is a plus (3d Max, Cinema 4D, etc.).
• Must have experience with live production equipment.
• Technical support/training certifications in Video Editing is a plus.
• Must hold a BSc. First Class or Second Class Upper Division in any of the following fields:
• Electronics Electrical Engineering,
• Electronics and Computer Engineering,
• Computer Engineering,
• Mass Communication
• University Degree in any other associated field.
• Must have a minimum of 5 years work experience in this field.
• Must have completed the compulsory National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) or has a certificate of Exemption.
• Must have knowledge and experience in IT.
• Must have headed an organizational Unit (a plus).
• Must be experienced in production, television broadcast and network.
• Must have the ability to work under pressure.
• Must be able to work structured time/schedule, including nights, weekends and holidays to support. the 24×7 on-air broadcast.
Age range between 25 and 35 years.
Exceptional communication and editing skills.
Possess strong intelligence and skills to achieve results.
Savvy and experience in us of IT.
Able to challenge the status quo and drive through changes.
Results oriented and proactive attitude.
Rational and analytic thinking.
Good verbal and written communication skills.
Ability to work with deadlines and without close supervision.
Eligible candidates applying for this position must be able to live and work in Lagos.
Salary and Benefits: Negotiable.
Closing date May 28th, 2015
Qualified candidates should please send CV and credentials detailing your skills, experience and interests, and a show reel or portfolio of your work with a covering letter outlining your suitability for this position to email@example.com
Only qualified candidates will be shortlisted and contacted.