British court convicts 19 year old Nigerian girl of manslaughter

Channels Television  
Updated March 1, 2012

A British court has convicted 19-year-old Nigerian-born Victoria Osoteku of manslaughter in the March 2011- killing of a London pupil.

She was accused of being behind the brutal murder of Sofyen Belamouadden who was stabbed to death in front of terrified commuters at the Victoria Island in London.

Osoteku was caught on CCTV camera, kicking the dying pupil in the head after he had been knifed repeatedly for 10 seconds by rival school students.

According to Telegraph reports, the murdered student had suffered nine knife wounds, including severe injuries to his heart, a lung and major blood vessels.

Osoteku, a south London resident, was found guilty at the Old Bailey court and was the only female to be charged in connection to the gruesome murder.

At 17, the A-level student had orchestrated Sofyen’s murder. The court heard that she had purchased the set of Argos knives that the gang members had used in stabbing the student.

Osoteku had sent out the phone text and Facebook messages, instigating the clash between students of rival schools. Sofyen had been hunted down by some 20 students who had been armed with a Samurai sword, flick knife, Swiss army knife, machetes and screwdrivers. They had chased him around the Terminus Way concourse and into the Underground station, reports said.

Prosecutor Mark Heywood QC said “they were so heavily armed that no smaller group, or even police officer or member of station staff, could withstand them or stop them.”

A smaller group of attacker had delivered the final fatal wounds on Sofyen after he had fallen down the stairs and into the ticket hall.
Heywood said Osoteku and another pupil had been the “focal point” behind the attacks.

“She was one of those who set up and organised the confrontation that led to the death. Her responsibility for the death is very great indeed, even though it was others that delivered the final fatal blows that led to Sofyen Belamouadden’s death,” he added.

Osoteku had denied the allegations during the five-month long trial, claiming that she hadn’t kicked the deceased, but had only been checking him.
“I just went to see if he was OK and I nudged him with my foot to see if he was OK,” she wept.

“He didn’t move. I looked down and then I ran off. I panicked. I did not know what to do.”

Osoteku, the fourth to be convicted of manslaughter, had recounted for the court, a terrible childhood and hard upbringing.

She claims she had been taken into care at age eight. Osoteku is currently in custody awaiting sentencing at a later date.