Having a balanced diet, while putting a little extra emphasis on things like protein and iron, gives your hair a boost, the pursuit of shiny looks starts with a healthy balanced diet such as fish, bananas, beans and some vegetables which is good for the 150,000 hair follicles on your head as it is for your body.
Protein, for example is the building block of hair. If you don’t get enough, you hair will grow more slowly, and strands will be weaker.
• Eggs:- it contains vitamin B that promotes hair growth and overall scalp health. A deficiency can cause brittle hair. Other high-biotin foods include peanuts, almonds, wheat bran, salmon, low-fat cheese, and avocados.
• Bananas:- This contains minerals Silica which is good for the thickness of the hair, also helps in making hair stronger and durable.
• Green Vegetables:- it contains vitamins A and C which help to produce Sebum, a scalp oil that works as a natural hair conditioner.
• Sweet Potatoes:- These are packed with beta-carotene, which your body converts to vitamin A, a nourishing agent for your hair and skin. Vitamin A protects against dull hair and dry skin, a leading cause of dandruff.
• Kidney Beans:- These are Iron rich Protein which play a major role in hair maintenance and support.
• Fruits:- This contains vitamin C which helps your body to absorb Iron. Lack of vitamin C may lead to dry and weak hair.
• Fatty Acid:- They support scalp health; a deficiency can lead to dry scalp and dull hair. Good sources include salmon, sardines, herring, mackerel, flaxseeds, and walnuts.
• Healthy Oil:- No one wants dry, lackluster hair. But if your diet is too low in fat, that’s what could happen. Healthy oils like olive, peanut, safflower, and sunflower can restore the shine. About a teaspoon a day will do the trick.
• Oysters:-This contains Zinc, a mineral that helps regulate the production of androgens. These are hormones that, in low levels, are associated with hair loss. People with low levels of androgens can also suffer from slow hair growth and dandruff.
• Lean Red Meat:- This contains Iron and lack of Iron can lead to baldness, . “People who have problems with hair loss or hair growth tend to be iron deficient.