The Nigeria Police Force has confirmed that seven persons died in the bomb attack that occurred at the Gombe Transport Services Limited Terminal in the Gombe State capital.
Earlier figures given by sources at the Nigeria Emergency Management Agency after the attack occurred put number of deaths at nine.
Giving latest information about Friday’s bomb blast, spokesman for the police, Emmanuel Ojukwu, also said that 33 persons were injured.
“About 9:42am local time, there was an explosion of Improvised Explosive Devices at the Gombe Transport Services Limited Terminal and it damaged vehicles. The police is taking care of the situation and we have cleared the place,” he said.
He told reporters that the police had launched investigation into the attack and that two suspects had been arrested.
Bomb experts in the force have also taken over the site of the incidence.
Normalcy has been restored in the state, the police said.
After the attack, eyewitness accounts say that three bombs concealed in bags went off during Friday morning rush hour and that three men left bags packed with explosives among the buses which went off.
In the earlier report given by NEMA, the number of the injured victims was also put at 37.