This is the first time a sitting Chairman of the commission would be visiting a television station.
Mr Orji was accompanied by his Special Assistant, Mr Uche Iheakanwa, and the Director of the NBC Lagos Zone, Mr Femi Ayeni.
They were received by the Chairman/CEO of Channels Television, Mr John Momoh, the Vice Chairman, Mrs Sola Momoh, and the management staff of the station.
During the visit, Mr Orji commended Channels Television for the exemplary role it is playing in the industry.
He also revealed the plans of the commission towards meeting the digitization deadline set for June 2015, saying that the commission was ready to start implementation in selected states, including Lagos, Oyo and Rivers.
Mr Orji also gave an assurance of subsequent implementation in other parts of the country.
After taking a tour of the station, the Chairman took out time to grant an interview where he revealed the plans of the commission to set up a National Broadcasting Fund of 200billion naira to help fund the sector.
He revealed that 25% of this would be designated for grants and capacity building and the remaining 75% would be given as loans at a single digit interest rate.