The Defense Headquarters has refute reports of frustrating the efforts of troops from neighboring countries, who are part of the Multinational Joint Task Force (MNJTF) undertaking counter-terrorism operations in the north-east.
A spokesman for the Military, Major General Chris Olukolade, said on Wednesday that the current tide of events in the fight against the insurgents was conceived and being driven by the Nigerian Military but enjoys the backing of the reinvigorated MNJTF with troops from Chad,Cameroon and Niger.
Major General Olukolade said such claims were aimed at driving a wedge between the Nigerian Military and Allied Forces, which could be detrimental to the operations and relationships.
“The Defense Headquarters is concerned that its operations are being undermined by a false report of discord between the Nigerian Military and its allies,” he said.
General Olukolade explained that “outside the latitudes allowed by the operational guidelines of the MNJTF, the sovereignty of Nigeria has not been compromised”.
The spokesman promised that the Nigeria Military would not be deterred, as its operations would continue on all fronts, including aerial bombardment of identified hideouts and ground operations of terrorists.
However, the Nigerian Military and the Allied Forces have successfully reclaimed territories that have been captured by the Boko Haram terrorist group.
The Defense Headquarters last week said troops flushed out Boko Haram terrorists from Gulag, Madagali Local Government Area in Adamawa State and Bara in Gulani LGA in neighboring Yobe State.