Cristiano Ronaldo Crowned FIFA Player Of The Year
Cristiano Ronaldo has been crowned FIFA Men’s Player Of The Year.
Ronaldo was announced winner on Monday in Zurich where the world’s best football players and coaches were recognised at the inaugural edition of “The Best Fifa Football Awards”.
The Ballon Dór winner beat Antoine Griezmann and Lionel Messi to win the award which was presented by FIFA President, Gianni Infantino.
“Wow. It’s incredible. It’s not the first time but this award is the first time.
“I want first to thank my team-mates, my coach. I want to thank my family, my whole staff.
“I tell you, 2016 was the best year of my career. I had a lot of doubts but the trophy showed that I lived up to that.
“After I won what I did, I had no doubts.
“It was a year that was magnificent on a personal level, on a sports level. I would like to thank very warmly everybody who voted for me.
“To the fans, to the other players, to the media: thank you,” he said.
Other winners on the night:
– The Best FIFA Women’s Player Award: Carli Lloyd.
– The Best FIFA Men’s Coach Award: Claudio Ranieri.
– The Best FIFA Women’s Coach Award: Silvia Neid.
– The FIFA Puskás Award 2016: Mohd Faiz Subri.
The FIFA Fair Play Award: Atletico National.
– The FIFA Fan Award: Dortmund fans and Liverpool fans.
– The FIFA lifetime achievement award: Falcao.
– The FIFA FIFPro World11: Neuer, Dani Alves, Pique, Ramos, Marcelo, Modric, Kroos, Iniesta, Messi, Suarez, Ronaldo.