The United States Embassy in Abuja will resume full services on August 24 for both visas and American Citizen Services (ACS).
The embassy made the announcement on Monday, noting, however, that consular functions at the U.S. Consulate Lagos, were never affected and will continue as usual.
It said, “We regret the inconvenience this interruption of service in Abuja has caused.
“Visa and ACS applicants with scheduled appointments for August 24 should come to the Embassy, as usual.
“Visa and ACS applicants with cancelled appointments between August 13 and August 23 will be contacted by the Embassy for rescheduling.
“Visa and ACS applicants who were requested by an officer to appear again for follow-up questions on existing applications should contact our office to arrange a new date,” the embassy said.
The U.S. Embassy in the country had announced the suspension of its consular services in Abuja on Tuesday last week.
Although no reason was given for the decision, the embassy had said, because of the development, it would be temporarily unable to provide regular services for visa and American Citizen Services in Abuja.
Once full activities resume in Abuja on Friday, the embassy assured those who submitted a passport through the Interview Waiver Programme for visa renewal, that their applications would be processed as soon as possible.
The embassy also announced that if any applications had already been approved, they would be mailed out (as normal) on the next available DHL shipment to the listed addresses.
Clashes broke out between police and Hong Kong demonstrators Saturday as the latest anti-government protests took aim at traders coming…
Serena Williams's place among the legends of tennis is assured but her mission will not be accomplished unless she at…
Atletico Madrid will challenge the amount Barcelona paid to acquire Antoine Griezmann's transfer, Spanish media reported on Saturday.
The body of a five-year-old pupil who was kidnapped and killed in Kano State has been recovered by the police…
The high-profile trial opened Saturday of a former Tehran mayor charged with murdering his wife, Iranian media reported.
Fifty-one people were injured and several homes, churches and other buildings damaged on Saturday when an earthquake sent terrified residents…