Top 12 Quotes From President Buhari’s Democracy Day Speech
President Muhammadu Buhari on Wednesday, at the inaugural June 12 Democracy day, gave a speech where some declarations were made and the agendas of his administration reeled out.
Below are the top 12 quotes made by President Buhari:
- Today, we are privileged to mark the longest period of unbroken democratic leadership and 5th peaceful transfer of power from one democratically elected government to another in Nigeria.
- I was involved at close quarters in the struggle to keep Nigeria one. I can, therefore, do no more than dedicate the rest of my life to work for the unity of Nigeria and upliftment of Nigerians.
- What we require is the will to get our acts together. Our strength is in our people our youth, our culture, our resilience, our ability to succeed despite the odds Buhari
- Without Nigerian influence and resources, the liberation of Angola, Mozambique, Namibia, Zimbabwe and ultimately South Africa would have come at a greater cost.
- With leadership and a sense of purpose, we can lift 100 million Nigerians out of poverty in 10 years.
- This Administration is laying the foundation and taking bold steps in transforming our country and liberating our people from the shackles of poverty.
- When economic inequality rises, insecurity rises. But when we actively reduce inequality through investments in social and hard infrastructure, insecurity reduces.
- When we took office we realised that if you fight corruption, corruption will fight back and we have seen this at all levels.
- For Nigeria to progress, a collective resolution to address corruption and foster broad-based prosperity is required to create a country that is not only for a few privileged but for all Nigerians.
- Despite the challenges over the last four years, my optimism about Nigeria’s future is unshaken and Nigeria’s role in the world as an emerging economic force is without a doubt.
- This Government will not tolerate actions by any individual or groups of individuals who seek to attack our way of life or those who seek to corruptly enrich themselves at the expense of the rest of us.
- Today, I propose the re-naming of the Abuja National Stadium. Henceforth it will be called MOSHOOD ABIOLA NATIONAL STADIUM.