Soldiers Fully On Ground In Gajiram – Colonel Isa
The Nigerian Army has reacted to an attack on a military base in Gajiram, Nganzai local government area of Borno State.
The Spokesperson of Operation Lafiya Dole Colonel Ado Isa said in a phone interview that troops successfully repelled the attack which occurred on Monday evening.
“Our men are now fully on the ground but Details of casualty on our part and on the part of our adversaries is what we are still waiting for. But I assure you that our troops are there on ground in Gajiram and members of the community are there too, ” Isa stated.
Colonel Isa dismissed insinuations that soldiers had been taken captive insisting that it is an unconfirmed report and that only a detailed situation report which is still being awaited will provide an insight into the true situation of things.
READ ALSO: Taraba Attacks: Army Arrests 21 Suspects
He also failed to confirm or refute claims that ammunition was carted away, maintaining that the situation report will spell all of that out.
According to the Lafiya Dole spokesperson, there were also successful operations carried out in Sector 1 in Kajeri and Sajeri villages by 112 Task Force on clearance Operation.
Colonel Isa said the recent attacks around Northern Borno is a fallout of the MNJTF Operation Yancin Tafki that is pushing the terrorists from both the fringes of the Lake Chad, Niger and Cameroun borders, stressing that the insurgents are trying to get hiding places.
“The bushes are no longer pleasant for them so they are running helter-skelter in search of logistics especially now that the rainy season is setting in,” he said.
He, however, noted that there’s a major Operation to complement the efforts of the MNJTF Operation Yancin Tafki within the Theatre Operation Lafiya Dole like Sector 1 on Operation Hallaka Dodo which is a major clearance operation that is ongoing and is ‘recording successes’, as we as Kajeri and Sajeri.
According to him, troops of the 112 Task Force discovered a newly established Boko Haram camp which was destroyed during the operation leading to the rescue of two women and three children.
“Major operations are coming up which is not ripe for the public, according to him, urges member of the public residing within the Theatre of Operation to remain calm and continue to report all suspicious characters so we can nip all these crises in the bud,” Colonel Isa said.