Advertisement

El-Rufai Confirms Two More COVID-19 Deaths In Kaduna

Channels Television  
Updated May 10, 2020
A file photo of Kaduna State Governor, Nasir El-Rufai.

 

 

Kaduna State has recorded two more deaths from the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.

The state governor, Nasir El Rufai, revealed in a late-night tweet on Saturday that the fatalities were reported in Makarfi and Zaria Local Government Areas of the state.

He explained that the deaths involved a senior citizen from Makarfi and a lady from Zaria.

Governor El-Rufai also disclosed that two more persons have tested positive for COVID-19, bringing the total number of active cases in the state to 87.

According to him, the two new cases include a male from Igabi and a female from Chikun Local Government Area of Kaduna.

 

The state recorded its first death from COVID-19 on May 2 – a retired civil servant.

The victim was said to have concealed his travel history to Kano and died before the result of his test came out.

This brings the number of deaths from COVID-19 in the state to three.

Last week, the government raised an alarm that a majority of the COVID-19 cases in Kaduna have a travel history and that illegal inter-state travel was widening the spread of the disease in the state.

A statement issued by the spokesman for the governor, Muyiwa Adekeye, said the illegal travels have increased the danger of community transmission.

It stated that more infections have been reported in some mainly rural local governments on the borders of the state.

The statement quoted the Standing Committee on COVID-19 in Kaduna as appealing for the vigilance and active involvement of all citizens in the effort to curb the spread of the disease.












Advertisement