Categories: Local

N-Power: FG Explains Why It Is Enrolling 2020 Batch C

N-Power is a social intervention programme of the Nigerian government. Photo: Twitter@npower_ng

 

 

The Minister of Humanitarian Affairs, Disaster Management and Social Development, Sadiya Farooq has said the enrollment of the N-Power 2020 Batch C is due to the economic crisis occasioned by the COVID-19 pandemic. 

She said that the pandemic has caused huge challenges and has impacted many countries negatively both economically and health-wise.

Mrs Farooq said this in a statement on Tuesday where she explained that the government deemed it fit to commence the enrollment of the new N-Power intakes to provide a lifeline for continuity.

READ ALSO: Lawmakers Not Empowered To Give Directions To Executive, Says Keyamo

“As we battle the pandemic, it is our duty as public servants in government to intervene where needed by continuing to provide the lifeline for continuity as government continues its acceleration towards providing an enabling environment for businesses to create sustainable jobs,” the minister explained.

“This is the major reason we have commenced enrollment of Batch C which is providing opportunities for more Nigerian youths to gain skills for employability and entrepreneurship.”

According to her, the recent enrollment will also help to rebuild the economy post COVID-19, explaining that over one million people have so far applied for the ongoing registration.

“So, the transitioning and exit of Batch A & B which begins today June 30 and which terminates July 31 is not a punitive action,” she explained.

“It is rather a proactive intervention to help upskilI your brothers and sisters and assist them further along on their journey through life.”

The Minister thanked the outgoing Batch A and B beneficiaries for their service to the country, describing them as “worthy ambassadors” of the National Social Investment Programmes.

“As the Batch C application and enrollment continues, I await more success stories of positive impact from young men and women who remain the hope and future of this country,” the statement added.

The Federal Government had earlier said about 400, 000 people will be enrolled in the new recruitment.

N-Power has enrolled 500,000 beneficiaries so far with 200,000 from ‘Batch A’ which started in September 2016 and 300,000 from ‘Batch B’, which kicked off in August 2018.

 

 

 

Emmanuel Egobiambu

Disqus Comments Loading...
Share
Published by
Emmanuel Egobiambu
Tags: latest N-power news N-power application n-power news N-power news today

Recent Posts

  • Coronavirus
  • Local

For The Avoidance Of Doubts, Schools Have Not Resumed – PTF

    The Presidential Task Force (PTF) on COVID-19 has clarified the controversy surrounding the resumption of schools across the…

19 mins ago
  • Politics

Reps To Investigate FG’s Skills Acquisition Programmes

  The House of Representatives has set up an Adhoc committee to investigate the financial budgetary provisions, approvals and multilateral…

32 mins ago
  • environment

Botswana Reports Mysterious Deaths Of Hundreds Of Elephants

    Hundreds of elephants have died mysteriously in Botswana's famed Okavango Delta, the wildlife department said Thursday, ruling out…

49 mins ago
  • Politics

Edo 2020: Obaseki’s Spokesman, Osagie, Defects To PDP

  The Special Adviser to the Edo State Governor on Media and Communication Strategy, Mr. Crusoe Osagie, has defected to…

50 mins ago
  • Local

Don’t Mistake Relaxation For COVID-19 Victory, FG Warns Nigerians

    The Nigerian government has called on its citizens to take responsibility in the fight against coronavirus (COVID-19) in…

52 mins ago
  • Entertainment

Late K-Pop Star’s Ex Jailed For Sex Video Blackmail

    The ex-boyfriend of late K-pop star Goo Hara was jailed by an appeal court Thursday for blackmailing her…

1 hour ago