#EndSARS: Police Prevent Family Members, Journalists From Entering Court As Eromosele’s Trial Begins

Channels Television  
Updated November 17, 2020
Peter Eromosele Adene during the #EndSARS protests.


Tempers flared on Tuesday morning when security operatives prevented family members of an #EndSARS protester, Eromosele Adene, from gaining entrance into the Yaba Magistrates Court where his case is expected to be heard.

As Channels TV approached the court premises, it was observed that the Police had barricaded the street leading into the court with their vehicle.

Some family members were also seen confronting some officers over their refusal to allow them into the courtroom.

A woman said she was already inside and she just came out to meet someone, only to be prevented from going back in, whereas her belongings were inside.

But according to the security operatives, they were only trying to prevent a crowd from building up around the court.

Journalists were also not allowed to get in.



Eromosele is being charged with allegations of aiding the #EndSARS protest in Lagos.

The embattled youth was arrested on November 7 by the police and whisked to Abuja, the nation’s capital, days later, quickly sparking the trend, #FreeEromz.

The case was initially scheduled to hold on Monday on allegations of financial support to the youth protest that was later hijacked by hoodlums in some states in the country.

Speaking on Channels TV’s Sunrise Daily on Monday, his sister, Onomene, explained that she was used as bait by a group of security operatives to get to her brother.

She said she got a call from a man who claimed to be a former church member and who had a parcel to deliver to her father who is the pastor of the church.

On getting to the meeting venue, she stated that she could not figure out the man’s face, and as she approached him, she discovered that the parcel was not what the man claimed it was.

Eromosele’s sister added that they were later joined on the spot by more policemen before she was asked to take them to their house where the embattled protester was arrested.

She condemned the arrest of her brother and called for his release, saying he has a liver infection, and his continued detention was harmful to his health.