Categories: World News

Brazilian President Rushed To Hospital

In this file photo taken on October 22, 2021, Brazilian President Jair Bolsonaro gestures during a press conference with his Economy Minister Paulo Guedes (out of frame) at the Ministry’s headquarters in Brasilia.

 

Brazilian President Jair Bolsonaro was rushed to hospital early Monday morning for treatment of a probable intestinal obstruction, local media reported.

Bolsonaro, 66, who has been in power since 2019, was taken to Vila Nova Star hospital in Sao Paulo.

TV Globo showed images of him disembarking from the presidential plane on foot with his entourage.

Doctor Antonio Luiz Macedo, who has operated on Bolsonaro on other occasions, told news site UOL that the president would undergo several tests to examine his abdomen.

READ ALSO: [Trumpism Without Trump] The Republican Playbook For 2022?

Neither the presidential press service nor the hospital has yet responded to requests for information by AFP.

In July, Bolsonaro spent four days receiving treatment for an intestinal obstruction.

Since a knife attack that targeted him during a 2018 election campaign, in which he was stabbed in the stomach, he has undergone abdominal surgery at least four times.

About a month before he was elected president, Bolsonaro was stabbed at a campaign rally by a man who was found to be psychologically unfit for trial.

AFP

Emmanuel Egobiambu

Disqus Comments Loading...
Share
Published by
Emmanuel Egobiambu
Tags: Bolsonaro Brazi Hospital

Recent Posts

  • Africa
  • Features

One Decade, 13 Coups: Turbulent Africa

The West African state of Burkina Faso, where the military has seized power for the second time in a year,…

16 mins ago
  • World News

32 Children Died In Indonesia Stadium Disaster, Officials Reveal

  At least 32 children died in Indonesia's stadium crush, an official said Monday as police moved to punish those…

36 mins ago
  • Local

Benue Residents Protest Poor State Of Otukpo-Enugu Road

  Worried by the many years of neglect and the failure of the Federal Government to fix the dilapidated Otukpo-Enugu…

58 mins ago
  • Entertainment

Anikulapo: Kunle Afolayan Reacts To Movie Snub By Oscars

  Producer and director, Kunle Afolayan has reacted to his movie Anikulapo snub by the Oscar selection committee.  The movie…

1 hour ago
  • Headlines

Insurgency Now Threat To All West African Countries – Ex-COAS Dambazau

  A former Chief of Army Staff, General Abdurrahman Dambazau (retd.), says insurgency has gone beyond being a threat to…

2 hours ago
  • Local

Houses Submerged As Flood Ravages Anambra Communities

  When the Nigeria Hydrological Services Agency (NIHSA) warned earlier in the year of massive flooding along the coastal states,…

3 hours ago