Categories: Local

‘Beware Of Thieves In UK, US,’ FG Advises Nigerians

File: Mr Lai Mohammed

 

The Federal Government has advised Nigerians in the United States, the United Kingdom and European countries to beware of thieves dispossessing travellers of their belongings.

Minister of Information and Culture, Lai Mohammad gave the advice on Monday at the 5th Edition of the President Muhammadu Buhari Administration Scorecard.

“It has come to the attention of the government that Nigerian travellers to the United States and some countries in Europe are having their belongings, especially money and international passports, stolen at an increasingly high rate,” he said.

“The most recent victims of this are travelers to the UK, most of whom were dispossessed of their belongings at high-brow shops, particularly in the high street of Oxford.

“We have therefore decided to advise Nigerians travelling to Europe and the United States to take extra precautions to avoid being dispossessed of their belongings,” the minister added.

READ ALSO: Ghana Not Aware Of Threat To Citizens In Abuja – Ministry

The US and the UK had in October warned of possible terror attacks in Abuja, especially at government buildings, places of worship, schools and other centres where large crowds gather. Both countries also commenced the evacuation of their citizens from the Nigerian political capital.

However, Mohammed dismissed the terror alerts, saying the government won’t be stampeded and that Nigeria is safer than in May 2015 when Buhari came into office.

Kayode Oyero

Disqus Comments Loading...
Share
Published by
Kayode Oyero
Tags: Abuja Lai Mohammad terror attacks

Recent Posts

  • Local

Alleged N4.6bn Fraud: Court Adjourns Fani-Kayode’s Trial

In response to our enquiries, Mr Oyedepo noted that the senior lawyer is not given to frivolous adjournments and so…

5 hours ago
  • Local

Nasarawa Bombing: 37 Persons Buried So Far, Says Gov. Sule

The governor said the victims were from the State.

5 hours ago
  • Sports

Wigan Sack Toure After Just Nine Matches

Toure only agreed to a three-and-a-half-year contract at Wigan on November 29, but his disastrous reign is already over.

5 hours ago
  • Local

Alleged Defilement: Court Admits More Evidence Against Dr. Olaleye 

Dr Olaleye is facing a two-count charge of defilement and sexual assault by penetration of his wife’s 16-year-old niece.

6 hours ago
  • Politics

AtikuGate: Keyamo Seeks Court Order To Serve Court Documents Via Substituted Means On Atiku

He added that the retinue of security personnel and aides around the presidential candidate will make it difficult to access…

6 hours ago
  • Headlines

My Govt Will Be For Youths And Women, Atiku Promises

The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) presidential candidate made the promise on Thursday at the party's campaign rally in Abakaliki, Ebonyi…

6 hours ago