Nigerian Army Apprehends Soldiers That Molested Physically Challenged

Nigerian Army Apprehends Soldiers That Molested Physically ChallengedThe Nigerian Army says it has apprehended the two soldiers who were caught on camera assaulting a physically challenged man in Nigeria’s southeast.

The video clip released by eyewitnesses online showed the soldiers beating the physically challenged man allegedly for wearing a camouflage shirt.

In a statement signed by the Director Army Public Relations, Brigadier General Sani Usman, the Army confirmed that the incident indeed took place on Tuesday February 7, 2017, at Onitsha, Anambra State.

“In line with our zero tolerance for acts of indiscipline and unprofessional conducts especially in relation to violation of human rights, we wish to further state that the soldiers involved have since been identified and apprehended.

“They have also been charged for assault by their Commanding Officer.

“Similarly, troops have been warned to desist from such acts that infringe on human rights and cast serious aspersions on the good image of the Nigerian Army.

“The public should please regard this ugly incident as an isolated case which is not true reflection of the Nigerian Army,” the statement reads.

Army Offers 500,000 Naira For Information On Suicide Bombers

Nigeria, Army, Suicide BombersThe Nigerian Army has promised to reward anyone with useful information on suicide bombers, particularly in northeast Nigeria.

The Army says that the offer is to further encourage law abiding citizens to actively join the war against terrorist.

A statement by the force’s spokesman, Brigadier General Sani Usman, noted that the spate of suicide bombings in the northeast, particularly in Maiduguri and Madagali metropolis were assuming disturbing proportion.

To this end, the Army said it would offer 500,000 Naira for any information that leads to the arrest of a suicide bomber, the guide to the suicide bomber, or discovery of the transit house or factory of the suicide bombers.

Be More Vigilant

“We would like to reassure that all information received would be treated with utmost confidentiality and acted upon with despatch.

“While we appreciate the cooperation of the members of the general public so far, there is the need to be more vigilant and security conscious to save lives and apprehend Boko Haram terrorists and their sponsors.

Villagers "Catch" Suicide Bomber Near UNIMAID
The military has continued operations to push terrorists out of the region, but the dissidents have resorted to suicide bombing, with focus on soft targets

“Once again we call on all law abiding citizens to provide useful information to security agencies towards a quicker apprehension of remnants of terrorists still bent on unleashing mayhem on Nigerians,” the statement read.

According to the Army, “The following numbers are available for immediate response:

1. Theatre Commander, Operations LAFIYA DOLE, Maiduguri- 09064823221.

2. General Officer Commanding 7 Division Maiduguri- 09078599985.

3. Commander, 7 Division Garrison Maiduguri- 08022375305.

4. Commander, 28 Brigade, Mubi- 08065504576.

5. Commander, 26 Brigade, Gwoza- +234 809 721 1700 (WhatsApp)

6. Director, Army Public Relations, Abuja- 07080217992.

7. Commander, 7 Division Military Intelligence Brigade Maiduguri-09021668444.”

Nigerian Army Takes Premium Times To Court

Nigerian Army Takes Premium Times To CourtThe Nigerian Army has instituted a legal action against an online publication, the Premium Times over its failure to retract and apologize over what it called “false, subversive and malicious publications” against the person of the Chief of Army Staff, Lieutenant General Tukur Buratai and the Nigerian Army.

The Director, Army Public Relations, Brigadier General Sani Usman, said that all efforts to make the medium make amend proved abortive.

Consequently, the Nigerian Army sent a letter to the management of the online publishers to retract and apologize before December 31, 2016.

The medium, however, remained adamant and recalcitrant.

Consequently, the Nigerian Army has briefed its lawyers to institute legal action against the medium.

Nigerian Army Warns Of Escapee Boko Haram Terrorists

Nigerian Army Warns Of Escapee Boko Haram TerroristsThe Nigerian Army has warned the public that quite a number of Boko Haram terrorists are escaping the theatre of operation in the North East to various parts of the country and elsewhere.

This is due to the ongoing final clearance and occupation of Boko Haram terrorists hideouts in Sambisa forest.

Therefore, members of the public especially residents of Adamawa, Borno and Yobe States, have been requested to be extra vigilant, security conscious of strange movements or persons in the society.

The Acting Director Army Public Relations, Brigadier General Sani Usman, stated this on Thursday.

“The public are also please requested to report any suspicious person or group of persons to the security agencies for prompt action.

“We wish to reiterate our commitment to clearing the remnants of the Boko Haram terrorists in all their suspected hideouts by the end of this year.

“We therefore solicit for more public support and cooperation to achieve that,” the Army statement read.

Pupils Contribute Pocket Money To Honour Nigerian Troops

Pupils Contribute Pocket Money To Honour Nigerian TroopsNigerian Troops of Operation Lafia Dole were on Monday presented with gifts at the Headquarters of 7 Division of the Nigerian Army Maimalari Cantonment, Maiduguri by Volt Club students and Children International School (CIS) Lekki, Lagos.

According to the Deputy Director, Army Public Relations – 7 Division, Mustapha Anka, the gift pack tagged “Ziploc” contains varieties of items which are essential daily needs.

They include tooth brush, toothpaste,  sanitary pads, shaving stick, chewing gum, towels, bathing soaps, candies, recharge cards, handy greeting cards with hand written motivating messages by pupils of the school to soldiers at the fore front of the fight against Boko Haram.

The leader of the CIS Ziploc Appeal 2016 delegation, Mr Bhila Kiphani, during the presentation of gifts stated that the students willingly donated part of their pocket monies to fund the project so as to put smiles on the faces of troops who are tirelessly fighting in hash terrains to save the country from insurgency.

“Every year we look for a cause and when we do, the students drive those causes and this year we decided to do something for the soldiers that are on the battle front.

“We’ve got 1000 Ziploc bags to form a battalion. Not only do we want to do this but we want others to take the torch in and take it further. So all Nigerians out there should go out and think about what they can do to also help he soldiers at the battle front,” he said.

Some of the emotional messages on the handy card sent to troops read “Thanks for putting smile on our faces”, “Thanks for fighting for me”, “Thank you for sacrificing your life for me”, “ Thank you Solider, I pray you return home safely”.

In his response the General Officer Commanding (GOC) 7 Division Brigadier General Victor Ezugwu commended the pupil for remembering soldiers fighting in the heart of Sambisa.

“Commanding officers have laid down their lives; soldiers have lost their lives family members have lost their loved ones all because we are trying to keep peace in the land.

“And while majority of Nigerians are appreciating it like your school and these little children, some other Nigerians are out there trying to tarnish the image of the Army, trying to paint us black and trying not to see anything good that was done for this nation.

“But we take it that God almighty will bless these children because they are very patriotic in their attitude and behaviour. God will bless them and bless their parents.”

He further stated: “This is the most emotional moment of my stay as GOC of the 7 Division, for two and three year old children to contribute their pockets monies to remember our soldiers.

“We want to assure the CIS Lekki pupil (and) students that we will not let them down, we promise to exterminate Boko Haram terrorist from their hideout and ensure that they never exist again in our country.”

 

Army Reacts To Allegation Against Exercise Python Dance

Army Reacts To Allegation Against Exercise Python DanceThe Nigerian Army has been reacting to claims in some quarters that it launched Operation Python Dance to target members of the Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB and MASSOB.

The Deputy Director of Army Public Relations, 82 Division Enugu, Colonel Sagir Musa, told journalists that the operation is to enhance troop’s preparedness against security challenges peculiar to the southeast region, especially during the yuletide.

According to him, the operation is expected to last for one month.

Army Nabs Nine More Suspected Boko Haram Collaborators

Army, Boko Haram collaboratorsThe Nigerian Army says it has arrested nine persons suspected to be Boko Haram terrorists collaborators and saboteurs.

The Army says the arrest is a result of the ongoing investigation to fish out suspected accomplices of the dreaded insurgents.

The feat was made public on Tuesday in a statement by the Acting Director of Army Public Relations, Colonel Sani Usman.

“The ongoing investigation on suspected Boko Haram terrorists collaborators and saboteurs in the fight against terrorism and insurgency has led to the arrest of nine more persons over the last 24 hours, thus bringing the number to 30.

“This comprises of two officers, two soldiers, two policemen and 26 civilians.

“Many more suspects would be arrested and prosecuted based on evidences against them and level of culpability,” the statement said.

21 Suspects Previously Arrested

The Army authorities had in an earlier statement revealed the arrest of the 21 suspected saboteurs by operatives of the Operation Lafiya Dole and other security agencies.

“As part of measures to stem the tide of livestock rustling which serves as another means of funding Boko Haram terrorists activities, Operation Lafiya Dole, in conjunction with other security agencies has taken measures to stop the criminality.

“These measures have led to the arrest of some persons involved in aiding and abetting this heinous crime in the Theatre of Operation.

“So far, 21 suspected persons have been arrested (and) preliminary investigation and profiling of the suspects has commenced.

“Such actions by these unpatriotic elements are likely to jeopardise our collective efforts of clearing the remnants of Boko Haram terrorists in our country,” the Army stated.

The Nigerian Army continues to urge the public to report any known or suspected illegality with regards to the Operation Lafiya Dole to the security agencies.

Army Arrests 21 Suspected Terrorists In Borno

ArmyThe Nigerian Army has arrested at least 21 suspected terrorists in some states of the north east as it continues Operation Lafiya Dole.

This was made known on Sunday by the Acting Director, Army Public Relations, Colonel Sani Usman.

He said that the raid on suspected terrorists’ hideouts especially in Borno state is aimed at ending cases of livestock rustling which serves as another means of funding terrorists’ activities.

The military also warned those collaborating with Boko Haram terrorists to desist from such acts or face the wrath of the law.

In the meantime, the public has been advised to report any known or suspected activity that could threaten the nation’s unity to relevant security operatives.

Troops Arrest Suspect On Boko Haram Wanted List

The Boko Haram suspect on the wanted list number 105, Muhammed Bulama, has been arrested by troops on Tuesday, September 6, 2016 in Yobe State.

Bulama was arrested along side 2 other suspected Boko Haram terrorists – Ardo Abba Muhammed (elder brother to Bulama as claimed) and Muhammadu Kaigama – in Azare community, Gujba Local Government Area of Yobe State, with the help of the local vigilantes in the town.

A statement by the Acting Director, Army Public Relations, Col. Usman Kukasheka said “they were arrested riding on horseback and bicycle shepherding some sheep towards market”.

The statement added that during preliminary investigation, the suspected terrorist personally “confirmed his photograph on the wanted list” and further revealed that he is specialized in rearing animals for the terrorist group.

Col Kukasheka added that “they came to the village to sell the animals as they have run out of cash in their hideout and would also get some food items for the upcoming Sallah festivity.

Troops Rescue 38 Women And 42 Children

Troops, Army, Terrorists, Boko HaramTroops on fighting and clearance patrol Codenamed “Operation TIGER CLAW” on, Tuesday, July 19 2016 swooped on terrorists at Gangere village in Kukawa Local Government Area of Borno State.

This was following confirmed intelligence report on the convergence and massing up of dislodged Boko Haram terrorists, with intent of carrying out attack on some isolated communities,

According to the Acting Director Army Public Relations, Colonel Sani Usman, during the ensuing operation, 42 Boko Haram terrorists were killed, while unconfirmed number of the insurgents escaped with gunshot wounds.

“Similarly, 38 women and 42 children held captives were rescued from the insurgents. The women and children were taken to the military medical facility in Baga for checks. They were further assisted with food and clothing.Troops-rescue-children

“The patrol team also recovered 504 rounds of 7.62mm (NATO) ammunition, 162 rounds of 7.62mm (Special) ammunition, 1 Land Cruiser Jeep, 34 Jerry cans of Premium Motor Spirit (PMS) and Automated Gas Oil (AGO), while 55 Motorcycles were demobilized during the operation.

“The troops have continued to intensify vigilance and maintained high level of alertness. They are making concerted efforts to clear the remnants of the terrorists in their area of responsibilities,” he said.

SUV-Boko-Haram

In a related development, suspected elements of Boko Haram terrorists at the early hours of Wednesday, attacked Bakin Dutse community in which they killed one person and injured 4 other persons.

The insurgents, however, took to their heels on arrival of troops. The Army says its troops have continued to patrol the general area with the hope of finding and apprehending the attackers.

Similarly, troops on routine patrol in order to secure and make Kumshe-Banki road open, were ambushed by four suspected Boko Haram terrorists.

The troops engaged them and three of them died as a result of gunshot wounds. The lone survivor is currently being interrogated.

The Army Spokesman added that he has been making very useful statements that are very revealing.”

Nigerian Army Denies Alleged Coup Plot, Warns ‘Mischief Makers’

Nigerian Army, Coup PlanThe Nigerian Army has described as baseless and unfortunate, the allegation reportedly by the Joint Niger Delta Liberation Force (JNDLF) that some Army officers approached them for support to overthrow the government.

The Acting Director, Army Public Relations, Colonel Sani Usman, in a statement on Thursday, described it as a dangerous distraction to our effort in fighting insurgency and other criminal elements in the country.

The statement reads; “The attention of the Nigerian Army has been drawn to another campaign of calumny and distraction by faceless criminal gang of economic saboteurs that hide under the aegis of Joint Niger Delta Liberation Force (JNDLF) alleging that some officers of the Nigerian Army approached them for support to overthrow our duly elected present democratic government.

“This is a baseless and most unfortunate allegation that existed in the warped minds of the originators of such weighty allegation.

“The Nigerian Army wish to state that this is not true and hereby distanced itself from this weighty allegation.

“We also see this speculation as a dangerous distraction to our effort in fighting insurgency and other criminal elements in the country.”

“The Nigerian Army would like to send a strong and an unequivocal warning to those speculating a coup by the Nigerian Army (NA) against the Government to desist forthwith.

“We would like state in clear terms that we are a product of democracy and a focused professional institution and would have nothing to do with such abomination and heinous crime.

“We wish to state further that the NA is the greatest beneficiary of democracy and therefore cannot ever contemplate any anti-democratic misadventure, certainly not under the command of the present Chief of Army Staff, Lieutenant General Tukur Yusufu Buratai.

“Rather, we see this type of dangerous speculation as a declaration of war to destabilise the present government by these unscrupulous elements.

“The Nigerian Army is investigating those behind the dangerous insinuation in order to unravel the real motive behind it.

“We would like to reiterate our unalloyed loyalty to the President and Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces of the Federal Republic of Nigeria and defence of the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. We would also like to reaffirm our unconditional support and obedience to civil authority.

“We wish to further assure Nigerians and indeed all peace loving people that the Nigerian Army and indeed its personnel will never be involved in such terrible misadventure.

“We wish to further add that no matter how long it takes, we would track and find out those behind these insinuations and bring them to justice.”

Troops Arrest Boko Haram Members, Rescue Their Captives

Boko HaramTroops of Sector 5, 27 Task Force Brigade, 3 Division, in conjunction the Civilian JTF from Maiduguri on Thursday June 17, arrested a suspected Boko Haram terrorist, Ibrahim Jagwal, aged 38 at Gishiwa Dabua area of Potiskum, Yobe State.

The suspected terrorist who turned out to be the Ameer of the Boko Haram Terrorists at Tumbin Gini, Abadam Local Government Area of Borno State, also led the team to  Garejin Audu in Potiskum, where another terror suspect, Audu Ahmadu, (alias Condemned) aged 45, was arrested same day.

The Acting Director of Army Public Relations, Colonel Sani Usman, stated that preliminary investigation has confirmed that Audu Ahmadu is a Boko Haram engineer who specializes in repairs of automobiles for the terrorist group.

“It was further confirmed he was at the garage to repair two vehicles.  The vehicles were recovered by the team, while the suspects have been taken into custody for onward movement to Joint Interrogation Centre,” he said.

In a related development, troops of 156 Task Force Battalion, 29 Task Force Brigade carried out clearance patrol also on Thursday.

“The patrol team came in contact with Boko Haram terrorists near Abalam, South West of Alagarno forest. The team engaged the terrorists who fled due to superior fire power.

“The troops pursued them and discovered that they left behind seven men, 13 women and 27 children that were held hostage at Gemri village.

“The patrol team also recovered four Dane guns, three bows and five packs of arrows containing 114 arrows.

“The terrorists’ camp was destroyed while the rescued persons have been moved to Maiduguri Internally Displaced Persons Camp.”