Anambra Guber Polls: PDP’s Nwoye Insists On Boycott

The Peoples Democratic Party’s candidate in the Anambra governorship election, Mr. Tony Nwoye, has insisted on his plan to boycott the supplementary election scheduled for November 30.

Insisting on shunning the election, the Campaign Organisation of Mr. Nwoye, denounced the announcement made by the National Publicity Secretary of the party, Olisa Metuh, insisting that the Mr Nwoye will take part in the supplementary election scheduled for November 30.

Mr. Metuh had said that the Peoples Democratic Candidate, would take part in the election.

It is the second time since the November 16 election that the state chapter of the party is in disagreement with the leadership of the party over the election that Nwoye, the candidate of the All Progressives Alliance, Chris Ngige and Ifeanyi Uba of the Labour Party have rejected the results released so far by the electoral commission.

The three candidates have called for a total cancelation of the election and insisted that a fresh election should be conducted.

In a press conference, the Director of Protocol of Tony Nwoye Campaign Organisation, Mr. Ken Arinze, made it clear that the pronouncement of Mr. Metu was a personal thought and never represented the wishes of the candidate and of the party.

He said that the candidate would not participate in the supplementary election on the basis that the candidate’s name was not on the voters register.

“Being part of the supplementary poll is giving credibility to the election that lacked merit,” Mr. Arinze stressed.

Similarly, the Director General of Tony Nwoye Campaign Organisation, Victor Ezenwa, reminded Metu of the premise of his office as the party’s National Publicity Secretary and not Tony Nwoye’s.

Mr. Ezenwa urged Metu to refrain from imposing his mind on the party or the party’s candidate.