Paris Attack Mastermind’s Fate Unknown

Paris Attack

The fate of the suspected mastermind of Friday’s attacks in Paris remains unknown after a Police raid on a flat ended in bloodshed.

Paris prosecutor, Francois Molins, has revealed that Abdelhamid Abaaoud was not among the eight people arrested during the raid in the Paris suburb of Saint Denis.

French experts are, however, working to establish whether the suspected organiser of the Paris attacks was among those killed.

President Francois Hollande declared the state of emergency for 12 days, after gunmen and suicide bombers targeted a concert hall, cafes and the Stade de France on Friday last week, killing 129 people and injuring scores more.

Members of the French parliament are due to vote on extending the state of emergency.

France Train Shooting: Attack Was Well Prepared

France-train-attackInvestigations have revealed that the attempted attack by heavily armed 25-year-old Ayoub El-Khazzani, on a train in France last week was premeditated and well prepared.

According to French Prosecutor, Francois Molins, the 25-year-old man was carrying 270 bullets for his assault rifle and a bottle of petrol.

Reports say the Moroccan’s phone showed that he had watched a jihadist video shortly before launching the attack.

Prosecutors have now filed formal charges against him.

Mr Khazzani has been formally charged to court to face charges of carrying out a ‘targeted and premeditated’ jihadist attack, firearms offences and “participation in a terrorist association with a view to organising one or several damaging crimes”.

Recently, the French President, Mr Francois Hollande, honoured the four passengers who foiled the supposed attack on the train.

Mr Hollande pinned the medals on the chests of the four passengers at the ceremony in Paris on Monday morning

France Attack: Police Interrogates Suspect

attack on franceThe Police in France are still questioning a man suspected of carrying out an attack on a factory near Lyon, in which a man was beheaded.

Prosecutors said 35-year-old Yassin Salhi, caused an explosion by ramming his car into an area containing flammable liquids.

His boss, the owner of a delivery firm, was found beheaded alongside flags with Arabic inscriptions.

Reuters reports that Salhi is being held in Lyon, where he was refusing to respond to interrogators on Saturday, according to a source.

His wife, sister and a fourth person are also in detention.

Salhi is known to have associated with Islamists for years and had previously been flagged by French authorities as a potential risk, but there has been no claim of responsibility for the attack.

While an anti-terrorist inquiry has been launched, Paris Public Prosecutor, Francois Molins, said it would be premature to make any conclusions at this stage.

”Questions remain over the exact chronology of events, what happened when he arrived, the circumstances of the decapitation, the motivation and whether there were accomplices,” he said.