G-7 Operatives Trail Kidnappers, Arrest Spy, Rescue Kidnap Victim

A graphical illustration of gunmen.

 

Operation G-7 is One of the Security apparatuses of the Federal Capital Territory and 6 Neighboring states comprising the Police, Military, and sister security agencies In furtherance of its onward March against crime and criminality have arrested a suspected kidnapper and successfully rescued a victim.

According to a statement on Thursday by police spokesperson, DSP Josephine Adeh, the arrest follows the heels of an Intelligence made available on the 27th of September 2022, to the alloyed team by a good Samaritan.

The source is said to have disclosed that there were movements of Some suspected kidnappers and their victims along Yebu ward in the Kwali Area Council of the Territory.


READ ALSO: Gunmen Attack Divisional Police Headquarters In Oyo, Kill Two


Consequent upon the above the Team led by DCP Benneth C Igwe, the grand Commander and Deputy Commissioner of Police in charge of Operations of the FCT Police Command advanced to the scene where one Amadu Uro a suspected kidnapper and a male resident of Kanzo village via Kwaku in Kuje Area Council was intercepted.

The suspect whom upon sighting the Team took to his heels was arrested in possession of an Unregistered BAJAJ Motorcycle.

He also confessed to having been a member of a kidnapping syndicate where he spies and scouts for unsuspecting persons to play victim to their dastardly act.

Aggressively following the trails of the criminal syndicate led to the rescue of one Halilu Sani a male resident of Tungan Tofa Village in the Kwali Area Council of the Territory who was badly injured.

The Victim was rushed to the hospital where he is currently receiving treatment and recuperating.

An investigation is ongoing and effort has been intensified to apprehend fleeing members of the criminal syndicate. Developments will be communicated subsequently.

The FCT Commissioner of Police CP Babaji Sunday while urging residents to disabuse their minds of rumors and threats malicious crafted by mischief bearers but rather assist the police who are already on top of the security situation by providing accurate, prompt and concise information through the following emergency lines: 08032003913, 08061581938, 07057337653, and 08028940883, while the Public Complaint Bureau (PCB) desk, could be reached on: 0902 222 2352.

Gunmen Kill Five Soldiers In Anambra, Soludo Vows Retribution

Suspected terrorists abducted an unspecified number of traders travelling along the Kaduna- Birnin Gwari Road
A graphical illustration of gunmen.

 

Gunmen have killed at least five soldiers in Umunze, a community in Orumba South Local Government Area of Anambra State.

Anambra State Governor, Chukwuma Soludo, has condemned the incident.

The incident reportedly occurred on Wednesday at about 12:30 p.m. beside a branch of the Zenith Bank close to the popular Nkwo Umunze market in the area.

The gunmen were said to have opened fire on the soldiers who were in an army-marked Sienna patrol vehicle, killing five of them in the attack.

The military is yet to respond to the attack as of the time of this reporting.

Video clips of the slain soldiers have gone viral on social media.

In one clip, seen by Channels Television, two bloody bodies of men in army fatigues were splayed around a Sienna vehicle.

Cruel attack

Reacting to the killing, Governor Soludo said the soldiers had been ambushed on a routine patrol.

“We condemn this wicked and cruel attack in the strongest terms. The perpetrators of this act must pay,” Soludo said, as quoted in a statement signed by his spokesperson, Christian Aburime.

“We are not going to rest on our oars, including those people that attacked Senator Ifeanyi Ubah and the rest. There will be absolutely no hiding place for them,” Soludo added.

“Going forward, our actions will show, as these people must surely pay for this heinous and repulsive attack.”

The Governor urged Anambra residents to remain calm and law-abiding as the security agencies are on top of the situation.

Soludo Condemns Killing Of Soldiers In Umunze

A file photo of Anambra State Governor, Professor Charles Soludo.

 

Anambra State Governor, Chukwuma Soludo has strongly condemned the killing of soldiers who were ambushed on a routine patrol at Umunze by gunmen in Orumba South Local Government Area of Anambra State.

“We condemn this wicked and cruel attack in the strongest terms. The perpetrators of this act must pay,” Soludo said, as quoted in a statement signed by his spokesperson, Christian Aburime.

“We are not going to rest on our oars, including those people that attacked Senator Ifeanyi Ubah and the rest. There will be absolutely no hiding place for them,” Soludo added.

“Going forward, our actions will show, as these people must surely pay for this heinous and repulsive attack.”

The Governor urged Anambra residents to remain calm and law-abiding as the security agencies are on top of the situation.

Two Feared Killed As Gunmen Attack Military Checkpoint In Enugu

A photo combination of gunmen and Enugu State map.

 

Gunmen have reportedly attacked a military checkpoint at Obeagu-Amodu Road in the Enugu South Local Government Area of Enugu State.

According to reports, the gunmen stormed the checkpoint in two Lexus Jeeps and one Toyota Sienna on Tuesday and shot a combined team of the policemen and soldiers at the checkpoint.

READ ALSO: Troops Rescue Seven Kidnap Victims In Kaduna

Although two security personnel were reported killed but the military and the police in Enugu did not confirm the incident.

This is not the first time the checkpoint in Obeagu has come under this kind of attack hence, the reason for the combined security presence in the area.

The incident caused panic among the residents of the area and its environs.

Efforts to get the comments of the police proved abortive as the Police Public Relations Officer in the state, Daniel Ndukwe, did not take calls or respond to text messages for confirmation.

Gunmen Kidnap Traditional Ruler In Plateau

Plateau is the twelfth-largest state in Nigeria.
Plateau is the twelfth-largest state in Nigeria.

 

Gunmen have kidnapped the paramount ruler of Tal chiefdom Nanleng Yusuf Gotus in the Pankshin Local Government Area of Plateau State.

It was gathered that the gunmen numbering about 10 stormed the palace in the early hours of Tuesday and whisked away the traditional ruler.

READ ALSO: $350k Fraud: Suspended Aide Of Ogun Governor Gets Five-Year Jail Term

An anonymous family source told Channels Television on Tuesday that the kidnappers have reached out to them, demanding a N1m ransom. It is, however, unclear if any money has been paid to them.

The Police Public Relations Officer in the state Alred Alabo said security operatives are on the trail of the kidnappers in an attempt to rescue the paramount ruler unhurt.

This attack followed a similar one that happened about three weeks ago when a businessman was killed in the community.

Residents have in the wake of the attacks called on the state government as well as security agencies to stop the incessant assaults.

Gunmen Abduct Policeman, Two Others In Ogun

 

Gunmen have abducted three persons including a police officer attached to Zone 2, Onikan, Lagos.

The incident is said to have taken place on Thursday when the police officers ran into the kidnappers at Wasinmi in Ewekoro Local Government Area of Ogun State.

Sources say the officers were on their way to investigate an emerging case within the neighbouring state.


READ ALSO: Ayu Exploited Delegates, Manipulated Presidential Primary For Atiku – Wike


Confirming the incident, The Ogun state police command through its spokesman, Abimbola Oyeyemi said the assailants wore military uniforms.

A commercial driver who was also part of the team was said to have escaped from the kidnappers

The police spokesman said a manhunt has been launched to track and rescue the victims. According to him, the anti kidnapping unit of the police has swing into action and are on the trail of the suspected kidnappers

Attacks: All Gunmen Caught In Anambra Are Igbo, Says Soludo

A file photo of Anambra State Governor, Professor Charles Soludo.

 

Anambra State Governor, Professor Charles Soludo on Sunday revealed the identity of gunmen terrorising parts of the state, saying all of those caught are Igbos.

Gunmen have recently unleashed terror in the South-East targeting residents, security operatives, and public infrastructure.

Most of the attacks have been linked to members of the proscribed Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) and its militant wing, the Eastern Security Network (ESN).

READ ALSO: Gunmen Lack Capacity To Launch Attacks As Usual In Anambra, Says Soludo

Reacting to the attacks during an interview on Channels Television’s Sunday Politics, Soludo said the present administration in Anambra has successfully brought the security threats in the state to the lowest level.

“Let me be clear about it; 100% of the people we have caught are Igbos. It is not about some people invading from somewhere; it is 100% Igbos on Igbos, that is the fact,” the governor said.

“The first set of people we caught were 100 per cent Igbos from other south-east states and none from Anambra.

“But as we went on, we then discovered that a whole lot of the youths who have been taken to these bushes that got indoctrinated and initiated into all these kinds of things also happen to be citizens of Anambra state or indigenes of Anambra.”

Before Professor Soludo took over the leadership mantle in the state, residents of Anambra have been living in fear as hardly would a week pass by without the report of an attack.

He told Channels Television on Sunday that the security situation has greatly improved, and attributed the feat to the efforts of the security forces.

“Giving where things were when we came, we are not saying that Anambra is 100% secured … but everybody in Anambra – the 8.5 million residents of Anambra can testify to you that insecurity in Anambra has come down to the barest minimum.

“Fifteen camps (run by gunmen) here (have been) decimated. Even yesterday (Saturday), some other places (where) they were gathering were decimated; we have degraded their infrastructure and I don’t think they have the capacity again to come with the kind of ferocity they had in the past,” he added.

Gunmen Attack Ifeanyi Ubah’s Convoy In Anambra, Several Aides Killed

A file photo of Senator Ifeanyi Ubah.

 

 

The convoy of the Senator representing Anambra South Senatorial Zone, Mr. Ifeanyi Ubah, has been attacked at Enugwukwu in Njikoka Local Government Area of Anambra State. 

According to eyewitnesses, the convoy was ambushed by heavily armed men who opened fire on his convoy from all directions.

Some of his aides were killed including some police officers.

The Senator is said to have managed to escape but his bulletproof car was riddled with bullets.

Reacting to the incident, the Police Public Relations Officer, DSP Tochukwu Ikenga, said the Commissioner of Police in Anambra State, Mr. Echeng Echeng, has already led operatives to the scene at Nkwo market, Enugwukwu.

In a statement issued on Sunday night, he said though the details of the incident are still sketchy, operatives are on ground there to monitor the situation.

He said the police would communicate further details as things unfold, adding that the Police remained committed to getting to the root of the matter.

One of the Senator’s aides who spoke on the condition of anonymity said the attack was an assassination attempt but the Senator was able to escape because of his vehicle was bulletproof.

The aid said Senator Ubah and his convoy were passing Nkwo Enugwukwu junction when they were shot at from all sides by the attackers.

A special aide to the Senator, as well as five policemen were reportedly killed. 

Senator Ubah is said to be in an undisclosed hospital where he is being monitored by doctors even though he was not physically hurt.

Gunmen Kill Driver, Abduct Passengers In Rivers State

Suspected terrorists abducted an unspecified number of traders travelling along the Kaduna- Birnin Gwari Road
A graphical illustration of gunmen.

 

Gunmen have shot and killed a commercial driver along the Abonnema-Degema-Emohua road in Rivers State. 

The unfortunate incident which took place over the weekend also witnessed the kidnap of some of the passengers.

The driver who was identified as Salvation Harry was reportedly conveying passengers from the popular Mile One park in Port Harcourt to Buguma when he was ambushed by assailants along one of the numerous bad spots along the Abonnema-Degema-Emohua route.

When contacted via phone, the Rivers State Police Command’s Public Relations Officer SP Grace Iringe-Koko confirmed the incident, saying “there’s a sitrep that passengers were abducted while one was shot, but investigations are going on”.

A source confirmed to Channels Television that one of the kidnapped victims had been released after paying the sum of one hundred and fifty thousand naira.

The Chairman of Asari-Toru Local Government Area Onengiyeofori George in a statement signed by his Chief Press Secretary John Paul Braide condemned the killing while also calling on the police to get to the root of the matter.

Gunmen Kidnap School Principal In Akwa Ibom

A graphical illustration of gunmen.

 

Gunmen have kidnapped Monday Ekoriko, the principal of Madonna Community Secondary School in the Etim Ekpo Local Government Area of Akwa Ibom State.

The hoodlums reportedly made away with Ekoriko’s SUV car and motorcycle after they stormed the family compound at Udianga Enem in Etim Ekpo LGA on Saturday night.

READ ALSO: Two Dead As Seven-Storey Building Collapses In Lagos

Narrating the incident, the wife of the victim said the armed men went straight to where her husband was sitting and overpowered him.

They took over strategic places in the compound and started beating him when he showed resistance. The operation was said to have lasted for about two hours.

The state Police Public Relations Officer, Odiko Macdon, confirmed the incident on Monday morning.

He said the Commissioner of Police, Olatoye Durosinmi, has ordered the deployment of a tactical team which the CP himself is supervising and they are closing in on the abductors.

Gunmen Abduct 32 Travellers In Ondo

A graphical illustration of gunmen.

 

Gunmen suspected to be kidnappers have abducted 32 travellers around Ifon in Ose Local Government Area of Ondo State.

The victims were said to be returning from a burial ceremony in Edo State on Saturday when the incident happened.


READ ALSO: Akuskura: The New Deadly Psychoactive Substance In Town – NDLEA


It is not yet established whether the kidnappers have reached out to the families of the victims for payment of ransom to secure their release.

The Public Relations Officer of Ondo Police SP Funmilayo Odunlami confirmed the abduction to Channels Television in a telephone chat.

Odunlami however disclosed that one of the victims has been rescued and is now giving the police useful information regarding the incident, in a bid ton rescue other victims.

Police Raid Terrorists’ Hideout In Katsina, Neutralise One Terrorist, Arrest Informant

 

One  terrorist has been killed and an informant arrested after police raided a hideout for criminals in Katsina State. 

A ring leader identified as Sule Dawa is said to have escaped with gunshot wounds following the raid which took place at Mai-Zuma Village in Danja Local Government Area of the State.

During the incursion, several weapons along with two motorcycles and illicit substances suspected to be Indian hemp belonging to the terrorists, were recovered.


READ ALSO: Gunmen Kill Islamic Scholar In Yobe


Other things recovered include: one locally fabricated gun, military camouflage uniform, machetes and daggers, one hundred (100) bottles and a gallon of Spirit, two boxer motorcycles, three (3) car batteries, one sewing machine, a roll of cable wire and two cooking gas cylinders.

Police Spokesman, SP Gambo Isah in a statement issued on Sunday, said the command on Saturday evening, received a credible report that terrorists were sighted in a black spot at Maizuma village.

SP Isah disclosed that the Divisional Police Officer of Danja Local Government Area led a team of policemen to the area and engaged the hoodlums into a fierce gun duel as a result of which the team repelled the terrorists.

According to him, the command is making efforts to arrest the gang leader and other members of the syndicate who might have escaped during the assault.

In his reaction to the development, the state’s Commissioner of Police, CP Idrisu Dabban Dauda appreciated the efforts of the personnel in repelling the terrorists and directed them to sustain the tempo until all forms of crime and criminality are dealt with.

CP Dauda further urged members of the public to continue to cooperate with security agencies in the ongoing campaign against terrorism in the state.