All the truce to end the raging battle between Israel and Palestine has not yielded any result as Israel continues pounding target areas across the Gaza Strip on Tuesday, putting away any hopes of resolving the crisis soon.
The Israeli Military, however, said one of its soldiers was missing, believed to have been killed during the clash with Hamas Islamists.
However, the efforts of international community to end the 15-day conflict received a boost, with US Secretary of State, John Kerry, holding talks in Egypt and UN Secretary General Ban Ki-moon due to arrive in Israel later in the day.
Hamas and its allies fired a barrage of rockets into Southern and Central Israel, triggering sirens in Tel Aviv, with one missile striking a nearby town, lightly injuring two people, officials said.
Israel launched its offensive on July 8 to halt missile fired out of Gaza by Hamas, which was angered by a crackdown on its supporters in the occupied West Bank and suffering economic hardship because of an Israeli-Egyptian blockade.
The Israeli military said it had identified the remains of six soldiers killed in an attack on their armoured vehicle inside Gaza on Sunday. It had already announced that seven died in the strike.
Palestinian militants in Gaza said they had agreed to a five-hour ceasefire on Tuesday to allow Gaza residents to leave their homes and seek vital supplies, and accused Israel of rejecting the proposal.
With the conflict entering its third week, the Palestinian death toll rose to almost 550, including nearly 100 children and many other civilians, Gaza health officials said .
The ranging war between Palestine and Israel continues as Israel launched an airstrike outside a family home early Saturday which pushed the Palestinian death toll past 100 in four days of cross-border fighting and Israel has showed no sign of pausing back despite international pressure to negotiate a ceasefire with the militants.
The Israeli Prime Minister, Benjamin Netanyahu said they are weighing the possibilities of ceasing fire and preparing for all possibilities.
He however said, “No international pressure will prevent us from acting with all power,” he told reporters in Tel Aviv a day after a telephone conversation with U.S. President Barack Obama about the worst flare-up in Israeli-Palestinian violence in almost two years.
On Friday, Washington affirmed Israel’s right to defend itself in a statement from the Pentagon. But Defence Secretary Chuck Hagel told Israeli Defence Minister Moshe Ya’alon that he was concerned “about the risk of further escalation and emphasized the need for all sides to do everything they can to protect civilian lives and restore calm.”
As the fight intensifies, the airstrike launched by Israel has killed five youths and wounded 15 people outside a family home in the J abalya refugee camp in the northern Gaza Strip on Saturday.
The number of casualties continue to swell up as a rocket fired has wounded one person and injured another seven Israelis when a fuel tanker was targeted at a service station in Ashdod north of Gaza.
In the wake of attacks, the Palestinian militants has issued a stern warning to international airlines to keep off Tel Aviv’s main airport as they might fire rockets.
Meanwhile, the medical officers in Gaza said the bombardments that Israel began on Tuesday, has left over 106 killed including 75 civilians and 23 children.