Chibok Girls: US, UK Still Supporting But Not At The Forefront Of Search

Chibok girls videoWhile the search continues for the missing girls, international experts are yet to come forth with any findings on their efforts at helping the Nigerian military.

The U.S and U.K Government representatives in the country insist they are very much in the mix of efforts at finding the girls but explain that they are not at the forefront of the campaign.

The US Ambassador to Nigeria, James Entwistle, said “our troop is here to support the Nigerian Government in the Nigerian Government’s efforts to get these girls back.

“We are supporting your Government; we are not here to do this for you; that’s the definition of partnership. We’re here to help you do something that’s difficult and help you as best we can but we are not in the lead on this.

British Deputy High Commissioner, Peter Carter, said, “Clearly it’s a matter of great concern that none of the girls have been found but we are working very closely with the Nigerian authorities and with our American partners to provide assistance and support to the Nigerian authorities in their efforts to bring the girls home as quickly as possible.

“We fully support all the efforts that the Nigerian authorities are making, we want to see those efforts redoubled, we need to see them reinforced and we are here to help and provide support.”

Army Kills Boko Haram Kingpin, Brother In Kaduna

Troops interrogating some arrested terroristsA combined team of security operatives, in the early hours of Sunday, have killed a suspected Boko Haram kingpin and his brother in Kinkinau area of Kaduna South Local Government of Kaduna State.

Reports say soldiers traced the house of the suspect in Kinkinua GRA, Imgwan Mu’azu, and shot the man whose name was given as Usman.

Eyewitness account said that the soldiers broke through the wall to gain access into the house, got his family out, and engaged him in a gun battle for about three hours before overwhelming him and his brother.

The district head of Ungwan Muazu and Cikasauron Zazzau, Alhaji Ahmed Aliyu Idris, after visiting the scene, blamed landlords who let out their houses without confirming the character of their tenants for being responsible for the high rate of insurgency in the North.

He asked landlords and residents to be security-conscious and ascertain the identities of tenants in their houses.

It was also gathered that the agent who gave out the house to the suspect and the landlord of the house have been taken away by the security operatives.

A security source who would not want his name mentioned revealed that the suspected Boko Haram member fled from Maiduguri to settle in Kaduna, adding that the team of security operatives that stormed the area had been on the trail of the suspect and were provided with support by troops on ground.