Six children from the same family were killed in an air strike by government forces in a village of the northern province in Aleppo on Wednesday.
The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights, citing local residents, said three boys and three girls from the family died in raid on Wahshiyeh.
The village is located in a rebel-held area of Aleppo province that has come under constant aerial bombardment since late last year.
The Human Rights groups has slammed the regime for its air strikes saying, they fail to discriminate between Military targets and Civilian areas.
According to the observatory group on Tuesday evening, a 15-year-old child was killed in an air raid on Latamneh in the central province of Hama and seven-year-old girl died in army shelling near Jisr al-Shughur in Idlib province, northwest Syria. In the eastern province of Deir Ezzor, which is controlled by the Jihadist Islamic State, a regime air raid also killed a six-year-old girl.
UN report has put the number of person that have died as a result of the Syrian conflict at 170,000, including more than 9,000 children. it has also forced nearly half of the country’s population to flee their homes.
An Environmentalist, Idowu Salami on Wednesday recommended that the Federal Government should review the design of the variouse dams in Nigeria and identify areas where buffers can be constructed.
Mr Salami, who was a guest on Channels Television’s breakfast programme, Sunrise Daily said the recent flooding in Kogi state and other parts of Nigeria was a result of heavy rainfall as well as the release of water from some hydroelectricity dams.
In the video below, the environmentalist offered several other solution that can help prevent devastating floods.
The Chairman Senate Committee on Environment, Bukola Saraki on Tuesday recommended that more fund should be allocated to the National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA) to enable the agency provide succour for Nigerians affected by disasters.
Speaking against the backdrop of the recent flooding that ravaged parts of Kogi State, Mr Saraki said NEMA currently does not have the resources to cater for the over half a million persons that have been displaced by the flood.
Chairman of the Northern States Governors Forum (NSGF) and the Governor of Niger State, Doctor Muazu Aliyu has reacted to the quit notice issued to Fulani residents of Mahanga,Kakuruk,Maseh and Shong 2 in Barkin Ladi and Riyom local Governments of Plateau State, urging the Special Military Task Force (STF) to exercise caution.
The Special Military Task Force had on Saturday asked inhabitants of the affected areas to vacate their domain immediately with their property, citing military action in the troubled villages.
Governor Aliyu warned that the 48 hour ultimatum issued by the STF could lead to breakdown of law and order not only in Plateau State but in other parts of the country.
A statement by Governor Aliyu’s spokesman, Danladi Ndayebo said the forum is worried by complaints from a section of the region to the effect that the vacation order represents a declaration of war by the military against a segment of the nation’s citizens.
The statement added that although the forum is not opposed to any action that will put a stop to the senseless killing of innocent people in the Plateau, it warned that the region cannot afford the likely negative consequences of the order that the Fulani herdsmen should vacate the said villages without providing alternatives.
The forum further advised the STF to work more closely with Governor Jonah Jang of Plateau State instead of issuing unilateral orders that could further worsen the already bad security situation in the state.
It said the current security challenge in Plateau State has provided the opportunity for all stakeholders to sit down and solve the Indigene-settler problem once and for all.