Couple Tried To Host Wedding At $5.7M Mansion That Wasn’t Theirs

The couple meant to host ceremony at mansion followed by ‘red carpet cocktail hour’ and reception.

 

 

A Florida couple who planned their wedding at a multimillion-dollar mansion near Miami thought they could get hitched without a hitch until one tiny detail got in the way: the owner was home and had no idea about their party.

Courtney Wilson and Shenita Jones, referring to themselves as “the Royal Couple,” invited friends and family to the “dream home and estate,” which includes a tennis court, pool, and theater, plus nine bedrooms and 15 bathrooms, the local Sun Sentinel newspaper reported Wednesday.

With the $5.7 million mansion up for sale, Wilson, the groom, visited it several times, taking photos and pretending to be interested in buying it.

Assuming no one lived at the vacant home, he invited guests to his wedding and related festivities, which included a red-carpet cocktail on Saturday afternoon and a breakfast on Sunday morning, the paper reported.

Owner Nathan Finkel, who lives elsewhere on the property, was therefore up for a surprise when the groom and another person arrived Saturday morning ready to set up.

“I have people trespassing on my property,” an irritated Finkel told a 911 dispatcher, according to the paper. “And they keep harassing me, calling me. They say they’re having a wedding here and it’s God’s message.

“I don’t know what’s going on. All I want is (for) it to stop. And they’re sitting at my property right at the front gate right now.”

Police who arrived at the scene encouraged the wedding party to leave, without making any arrests.

Keith Poliakoff, an attorney for the Southwest Ranches suburb where the mansion is located, said that Wilson “figured it was a vacant house and didn’t realize Nathan lived on the property in a different home.”

“This guy had no idea he lived there. You know the shock that must have been on his face when he showed up at the gate and the owner was home?” Poliakoff said.

Nigeria Police Dismisses Officer For Raping 4 Year Old Girl

Police squadA corporal of the Mobile Police Force, who was attached to the Special Task Force in Plateau State, Damadu Bzibu has been dismissed by the Nigeria Police for raping a four-year old girl.

Plateau State Police Commissioner, Chris Olakpe, during the quarterly press briefing on the activities of the command, disclosed that after the orderly room trial of the accused, Bzibu was dismissed and handed over to the criminal investigation department for further prosecution in the court.

Prior to this revelation, Bzibu’s identity was concealed, following the allegation of sexual abuse of a minor, which reportedly occurred in Barkin Ladi Local Government Area of Plateau State, last month.

Briefing journalists on the achievement of the command during the first quarter of the year, commissioner Olakpe explained that the Nigeria Police will not tolerate indiscipline or acts capable of bringing the police into disrepute.

According to him, the security personnel attached to his command were able to apprehend some criminals involved in various crimes across the state ranging from car theft, criminal conspiracy and culpable homicide, as well as armed robbery and cow theft with some dangerous weapons recovered from the suspects.

On Bzibu’s sexual abuse against a four year old girl, one of the concerned organisations, the Child Protection Network (CPN), represented by Tony Obemeasor, has written a petition for the transfer of the child defilement case to the Ministry of Justice in Plateau State for prosecution.

Ibadan Kidnappers Den: Police Seeks Community Co-operation

Olabisi Okuwobi-ObanaforPolice Public Relations Officer in Oyo State, Superintendent of Police, Olabisi Okuwobi-Obanafor, has called on citizens to help the Force in tackling crime by being vigilant as policemen cannot be every where, every time.

“It is not possible for the Police to be everywhere, almost at every time. So we need other people like members of the public to be our eyes, our ears and that’s why we talk of community policing.”

While speaking on Channels Television, she further explained that the building where the heinous acts were perpetuated was hidden and would not have raised the suspicion of people as it was isolated from other buildings in the area by a canal.

Describing the incident as “unfortunate, particularly because the den was situated in the city centre, the PPRO said the Police should have been informed of the site, since there were houses around the den.

“Police are like fishermen”, she said, maintaining that “there’s no fisherman that can catch all the fishes in the ocean because it is not possible for the fisherman to see everything.”

Human skeletons, decomposing bodies, body parts had been discovered at an abandoned building in Oluyole, Ibadan. Bodies were believed to have belonged to unfortunate victims of ritual killings. While about seven people were rescued from the den.

Special Adviser, Public Affairs to the Oyo State government, Toye Arulogun, explained the State government’s involvement concerning the ownership of the property in question saying “Every land in the State is owned by government, and that particular area (is under the purview) of Ibadan Local Government Properties, who government has given the Certificate of Occupancy, has a duty to lease such to people who are willing.”

He disclosed that the building had been leased to a private company in 1988 and that the Government had revoked the lease license, following the discovery of human parts.

Special Adviser, Environment and Habitat, to the Governor of Oyo State, Yomi Oke, who was also a guest on the programme, debunked claims that the administrator had obtained a document form the Ministry of Environment giving him leave to operate a place to take care of mentally-ill people.

Edo Police Parades Man Who Defiled On Year Old Girl

The Edo State Police Command has paraded Mr Ifeanyi Nwong, for defiling a one year old girl who was unnamed and Mr Elvis Idemudia who allegedly defiled a 12 year old girl.

The two individuals were paraded alongside 27 other suspected criminals who have been accused of committing offences including kidnapping, illegal possession of firearms, armed robbery and pipeline vandalism.

While addressing journalists at the Command headquarters in Benin City, the Commissioner of Police, Foluso Adebanjo, spoke about the 29 persons who were on parade.

Mr Adebanjo, who paraded eleven suspects for kidnapping, said that the amendment of the kidnapping law and efforts by men under his command would ensure that kidnapping and other crimes would come to an end in the state.

Among those paraded for unlawful possession of firearms was Mrs Atoe who was arrested with a bag containing two hundred and sixty four live cartridges. She claimed that she was in the business of selling cartridges to local hunters.

Two suspects, who were paraded for their involvement in pipeline vandalism, denied committing the crime. Five vehicles loaded with petroleum products were recovered from them.

An AK 47 Rifle, 3 English pump action guns, live ammunitions and cartridges were among items recovered from the suspects.

Adebanjo, who reiterated the Police’s resolve to make the state inhabitable for criminals, called on residents to partner with the force by giving out useful information.

Police Uncovers Another Baby Factory In Imo

The Imo state police command has arrested a 35 year old native of Umuoda Isingwu, Umuahia south in Abia state, Mrs. Rose Nwadinaobi, for allegedly running an illegal baby factory where pregnant teenagers are kept till day of delivery and their babies sold to interested buyers.

While parading the suspect and her accomplices at the police headquarters in Owerri, the state capital, the police commissioner, Mohammed Katsina, said the group was arrested during an ambush when a suspected buyer, Mrs Amaka Abuchukwu was on transit from Port Harcourt to Owerri, where she bought a day old baby.

Preliminary investigations by the Police revealed that the clinic she described as a herbal clinic was only an illegal baby factory and as at the time of arrest, 6 pregnant teenagers waiting to deliver were rescued.

A sum of N1.03 million, which was deposited by buyers, was also recovered from the woman.

Mrs Nwadinobi, the operator of the factory, initially claimed to be a certified herbal nurse who had over time treated women who are unable to conceive but while on interrogation confessed that her herbal treatment did not produce desired results in Mrs Abuchukwu and due to her desperation, a pregnant teenager was brought in to deliver and hand over a baby boy in exchange for N250,000.

The pregnant teenagers who were rescued from the herbal home disclosed that they all conceived outside the home but individually approached the operator after they were directed by friends and were promised the sum of N50,000 if they willingly surrender their babies after delivery.

Investigations also revealed that the operator of the factory, who resides in Port Harcourt, has a chain of clients all over the country. The Police Commissioner disclosed that further investigations will be carried out on the matter.

‘Gurhu Maharaji’ Devotee Kills Mother For Ritual Purposes

The Imo State police command has arrested a 64-year-old man, Mr. Chimezie Osigweh in whose property a 10-year-old embalmed corpse was found.

Mr. Osigweh, a retired principal and a strong devotee of the Guru Maharaji sect who was alleged to have mysteriously killed his mother 10 years ago, and kept the embalmed corpse of his mother in a large cupboard inside a shrine of a private room in a circumstance depicting ritual practice.

While parading the suspect at his temple in a village called Ezuru Umuagwu in Oguta Local Government Area of Imo State, the state Commissioner of Police, Mohammed Katsina, said preliminary investigations revealed that instead of burying the mother the normal way, Mr. Osigweh kept the embalmed body of Mrs. Lucy Osigweh in his temple for ritual purposes where he and other members of his sect used to hold secret nocturnal meetings to enhance their occultic powers.

Mr. Chimezie Osigweh was identified as a retired principal of Community Secondary School, Awa, and a strong member of the Guru Maharaji sect.

He was arrested alongside 2 other worshipers at his temple where he kept the embalmed corpse of his late Mother.

Mr. Osigweh who confessed to be a Guru Maharaji member for 24 years denied that he intentionally killed his mother. He, however, refused to disclose why he kept the mother’s embalmed corpse in the cupboard for 10 years saying it was not what he could openly disclose.

Meanwhile, villagers and family members have said that they suspected Mr. Osigweh of diabolical acts, stating that he had kept noticeable distance from everyone.

They disclosed that he was never married. His relatives who were at the scene of crime said when asked, he would tell lies that the mother travelled to the United States to see his siblings or that she was receiving treatment in the hospital.

The Imo state Police commissioner Mohammed Katsina while speaking to journalists said the Command has started making further investigations into the case and will ensure that they unravel every mystery behind it to the public as soon as they get more information.

In the meantime, the suspect will remain in the police custody and if found guilty, will be charged for first class murder.

Human-Like Creature Found Inside Slaughtered Sheep

There was pandemonium at Kuta market in Minna, the Niger State capital, North Central Nigeria on Thursday,  following an unusual discovery of a human-like creature in the bowels of a butchered female sheep.

The butcher,  Alidu Maiyanka had opened for business as usual when he attempted to slaughter the female sheep for waiting customers only for him to notice a strange object in the stomach of the sheep.

On closer examination, the strange object turned out to be a creature with human eye, nose, and legs but with the face of a sheep thereby throwing the market into confusion while the customers took to their heels.

Although our camera was denied access to the scene by the market union, the butcher Alidu Maiyanka explained to Channels Television that he discovered the monstrous creature after slaughtering one out of the five sheep he bought from a popular livestock market in Minna.

An eyewitness who is also a butcher, Gambo Adbullahi stated that prior to the slaughtering of the sheep, there was no sign that the animal was pregnant, saying it was, therefore, a shock to find such a mysterious creature  in the bowels of the animal.

Woman kills and eats her two sons – ‘I thought they were pigs’

A mum butchered and ate her two young sons because she hallucinated and thought they were Pigs.

The Thai woman allegedly cooked and ate her children, aged one and five, and was found by police sleeping in her home surrounded by their body parts.

The woman, a member of a hill tribe from the mountainous region of Chiang Main near the Burmese border, had been suffering from mental illness since 2007 but had recently stopped taking her medication.

She had been left alone with her sons as her husband left for a few days to get her medication.

He said: “I had to go out of town for a couple of days. I told her that I would bring back the medication she needs.

“I never imagined that something like this would happen.”

Dr Kiattiphum Wongrachit from the Mental Health Department said: “The woman killed her children because she didn’t continue her treatment and didn’t take her medication.”

He added that it is believed that in her hallucinogenic state she thought her children were pigs and that she has yet to realise that she killed her children.

A hospital report from her treatment in 2007 stated that the woman suffered from hallucinations and believed someone was coming to hurt her.
The woman, whose name has not been released for her family’s protection, has been charged with murder, although details of the charge have yet to be released.

She has been deemed mentally unfit to fight her case and has been sent to Suan Prung Psychiatric Hospital in Chiang Mai for treatment.

 Culled from dailymail.co.uk

 

Bride ‘kills groom’ hours before wedding

A bride-to-be has been charged with murder after allegedly stabbing her fiance just hours before the couple’s wedding was to start near Whitehall, Pennsylvania.

Na Cola Darcel Franklin, 31, and her fiance Billy Rafael Brewster, 36, were planning to tie the knot at 10 a.m, but at some point during the night, Franklin and Brewster began arguing, Steve Luksa, first deputy to the Lehigh County District Attorney, told ABCNews.com.

In the heat of the argument, Franklin allegedly stabbed Brewster twice with a kitchen knife, police said.

“One of the stab wounds punctured his heart,” Luksa said.

When police arrived at the apartment, shortly after 2 a.m., they found Brewster bleeding from chest wounds on the second floor landing.

He was transported to the Lehigh County Trauma center and pronounced dead at 3:24 a.m., less than seven hours before the wedding.

Luksa said the couple was not alone in the apartment when the stabbing took place. The couple’s children, and extended family members were also present because of the impending nuptials.

Franklin was arrested and charged with one count of criminal homicide, Luksa said.

During her arraignment, Franklin told District Judge Donna Butler, “You got to check again,” unable to comprehend that Brewster was dead, the Allentown Morning Call reported.

She cried, rocked herself back and forth and eventually choked out, “I … did … not … kill … him … on … purpose.”

She is being held in Lehigh County Prison without bail, Luksa said.

When Franklin told Bulter via the video conference arraignment that she wanted to go home, Butler responded, “You are not going home any time in the near future.”