Lagos Re-Arraigns OAP Uche Igwe For Sharing Chrisland Student’s Sex Tape

Logo of Lagos State Government

 

The Lagos State Government has re-arraigned an on-air personality, Mr Uche Igwe, popularly known as Darksam, for allegedly sharing the sex tape video of a Chrisland School student on social media.

Igwe, aged 40, was re-arraigned on Tuesday before a Magistrate Court sitting in the Yaba area of Lagos on a fresh one-count charge.

READ ALSO: Reps Deny Alleged Plot To Impeach Speaker Femi Gbajabiamila

The defendant was earlier arraigned in May, this year by the Nigerian Police on a two-count charge of cyberstalking and breach of peace to which he pleaded not guilty.

The Lagos State Directorate of Public Prosecution (DPP), through its counsel, Omolola Saliu, re-arraigned the defendant on a fresh one-count charge before Chief Magistrate Adeola Adedayo.

Igwe was said to have committed the crime in the Lagos Magisterial District through his social media handle (@uchedark) on or about the 18th of April, 2022.

The offence is said to be contrary to section 23 (2) of the Domestic and Sexual Violence Agency Law 2021.

If found guilty, the defendant risks a seven-year custodial sentence.

The trial has been adjourned till the 28th of September, 2022.

Alleged Abuse: Chrisland Schools Reopen After One Week

This photo combination shows the logo of Chrisland schools and a cross-section of one of the schools' buildings.
This photo combination shows the logo of Chrisland schools and a cross-section of one of the schools’ buildings.

 

All Chrisland Schools in Lagos resumed on Monday in line with a directive from the State Government.

The Lagos State Government had shut down all branches of Chrisland schools on April 18 over alleged sexual abuse of one of its pupils.

But state authorities announced the reopening of the schools on Saturday following a ‘review of the ongoing administrative investigation’ into the incident.

Channels Television visited the Chrisland school branches in VGC, Lekki and Opebi, Ikeja and observed that resumption was smooth and without hitches.

READ ALSO: Sylvester Oromoni: Inquest Resumes With Testimony Of Minors As Coroner Bars Journalists

However, our cameras were not allowed to get close to film or even interact with parents who we observed bringing their children and wards to school.

The authorities of the school, who declined to make any comments, directed our reporter to put request for interviews in writing.

 

 

 

Benzema Handed One Year Suspended Sentence Over Sex Tape 

In this file photo taken on April 3, 2021, Real Madrid’s French forward Karim Benzema reacts during the Spanish League football match between Real Madrid CF and SD Eibar at the Alfredo di Stefano stadium in Valdebebas on the outskirts of Madrid. (Photo by GABRIEL BOUYS / AFP)

 

A French court on Wednesday gave Real Madrid striker Karim Benzema a one-year suspended sentence for complicity in a bid to blackmail his former France team-mate, Mathieu Valbuena, with a sex tape.

The sentence was tougher than that sought by prosecutors against the 33-year-old player over the 2015 extortion attempt, which led Benzema to be cast out of the France team for five-and-a-half years.

Benzema was not in court in the Paris suburb of Versailles for the verdict, which comes hours before Real Madrid take on Sheriff Tiraspol in a Champions League game in Moldova.

His defence team immediately announced plans for an appeal.

Speaking to reporters at the courthouse, one of his lawyers, Sylvain Cormier, said he was “quite stunned by the ruling”.

The prosecution had called for Benzema, who was one of five people charged over an affair that rocked the French national team, to be given a 10-month suspended sentence.

Benzema did not attend his trial last month, citing professional commitments.

The verdict is not expected to damage his career, with French football federation president Noel Le Graet saying he could keep his place in Les Bleus even if convicted and Real Madrid also remaining supportive of their star player.

But Benzema’s conviction nonetheless cast a pall over his stunning comeback to the national team earlier this year after a years-long absence.

Benzema has scored nine times since being recalled by France manager Didier Deschamps for the Euro 2020 finals — delayed by a year due to the coronavirus pandemic — making him the fifth-highest scorer in the history of Les Bleus.

AFP