Bieber ‘Never Going To Be Perfect’ After Tour Cancellation

Justin Bieber offered a mea culpa to his fans saying he was “never going to be perfect” but hoped to learn from his mistakes, after a tumultuous week in which he abruptly canceled the rest of his world tour and accidentally hit a photographer with his truck.

The 23-year-old singer, who pulled out of the remaining 14 dates of his “Purpose” world tour on July 24 and injured a photographer after a Beverly Hills church service two days later, said he had let his “broken relationships dictate the way I acted toward people.”

“I let bitterness, jealousy and fear run my life.!!!!,” the singer said in an Instagram post on Wednesday (August 03).

“Im VERY aware I’m never gonna be perfect, and I’m gonna keep making mistakes but what I’m not gonna do is let my past dictate my future,” he added.

The Canadian pop star said the tour had taught him “so much about myself,” in what he called a “very grammatically incorrect but its from the heart” Instagram post.

He did not mention the incident with the photographer, who suffered non-life threatening injuries and thanked Bieber in an Instagram video last week for staying with him until emergency services came after the accident.

After playing more than 150 shows, Bieber pulled out of his tour, citing only “unforeseen circumstances” at the time, which frustrated and worried his fans. It also brought support, including from singer-songwriter John Mayer, who gave Bieber credit for looking after his mental health.

A day after canceling his tour, Bieber told celebrity news outlet TMZ.com that he was looking forward to “just resting and getting some relaxation” after two years on the road.

Since he broke out as a young fresh-faced teen pop singer, Bieber has amassed a devoted fan base of mostly young girls. He has faced an intense public spotlight, including a high-profile on-and-off relationship with singer-actress Selena Gomez that ended in 2012, and several run-ins with the law.

Adele Cancels Remainder Of World Tour

Singer Adele has cancelled the last two sell-out shows of her world tour due to take place at London’s Wembley Stadium this weekend after damaging her vocal cords.

Adele said she went to see a throat doctor on Friday night, who advised her not to perform.

She had already performed two nights to crowds at Wembley but said that she had been struggling vocally.

She said she was so desperate to perform that she had even considered miming at the shows but later admitted she couldn’t do that to her fans as it’s not her real self.

Adele said refunds would be available if the shows could not be rescheduled.
The Grammy-award singer has previously had to cancel concerts due to problems with her throat following vocal cord surgery in 2011.

Davido Shines At ’30 Billion’ World Tour

Davido, KaffyThe long awaited tour for Davido’s hit track, “30 Billion” has kicked off in Ukraine.

The tour which the singer announced via social media on June 10, came on the back of the success of “30 Billion”, his single which his fans have considered to be a hit from day one.

It commenced on June 23 and will last through the Summer across cities in the US, Europe, and Africa. till September 3.

This is coming days after Davido gushed over his new celebrity follower, Cristiano Ronaldo.

“All my guys call me @cristiano !! MADRID HERE I COME !!” he said in excitement.

All my guys call me @cristiano !! 😫😫😫😫😫😫😫😫 MADRID HERE I COME !! 😈

A post shared by Davido Adeleke (@davidoofficial) on

Aruna Quadri To Miss Lisbon ITTF World Tour

aruna quadri

Nigeria’s table tennis star, Aruna Quadri, will not be playing in the finals of the 2015 International Table Tennis Federation (ITTF) World Tour in Lisbon, Portugal.

This is because he failed to make the cut for the tournament.

Quadri gathered 121 points from participating in eight World Tours across three continents in 2015, to place 42 in the final men’s singles standings of the World Tour.

The event is the last of the World Tours in 2015 and will feature top-placed players from previous events.

The tournament holds from December 10 to 13, and would feature 16 players each in the men and women’s singles.

Mixed Fortunes for Nigerian Players at Kuwait ITTF World Tour

Nigerian players at the ongoing International Table Tennis Federation (ITTF) World Tour, tagged Kuwait Open started their campaigns on mixed fortunes.

Aruna Quadri recorded an emphatic 4-0 win over Egypt’s Mohamed Elsobky, while Kazeem Makanjuola lost by the same score line to Frenchman Benjamin Brossier.

Quadri who played in Group Nine didn’t find his rhythm at the beginning against the Southpaw Egyptian, but eventually won the first game at 13-11. The next three games went in his favour at 11-8, 11-8, 11-6 to record an impressive 4-0 win.

To decide the winner of the group, next opponent for the Nigerian is Russia’s Alexey Liventsov, and if the Portugal-based player wins the match that will be played on Thursday, February 13, he will progress to the main draw.

On the other side, things did not go as planned for his compatriot, Makanjuola, who is making his debut in an ITTF World Tour losing 5-11, 9-11, 8-11, 5-11 to his French opponent. His last group match will be against Portugal’s Joao Monteiro.

The winner of the 32 groups in the qualifiers will advance to the main draw to confront the top 32 seeded players. The players are looking to obtain World Tour Series Standings points to qualify for the $1m World Tour Grand Final to be held later in the year.

For Quadri, the victory against the Egyptian would surely motivate him against his next opponent.

“I did not play like I expected before the match. I won, but I was not on top of my game. The reason is just that it has been so long I took part in an international tournament. I was expecting a tougher challenge from the Egyptian but I was fortunate because he did not play well also,” he said.

The Kuwait Open is a super series event on the ITTF World Tour, which is the top of the three tiers (super, major and challenge). Six gold medals will be at stake – men’s singles, women’s singles, men’s doubles, women’s doubles, men’s U-21 singles and women’s U-21 singles.

The Kuwait Open is the first Super Series event of 2014 and second World Tour event of the year after the Hungarian Open, which was a challenge series event.