
Pistorius’ agent had previously said August’s world championships in Moscow were “on the radar” after Pistorius’ bail conditions were relaxed on March 28 and the 26-year-old was granted permission to travel abroad.
The double amputee sprinter who is charged with murdering his girlfriend decided that he and his team would not be talking training or athletics for the rest of the year.
Pistorius is accused of premeditated murder after shooting Reeva Steenkamp in his Pretoria home on Feb. 14. His next court appearance is scheduled for June 4.
Pistorius won worldwide fame by becoming the first double-amputee to run at the Olympics when he reached the semi-finals of the 400 metres last year in London and then went on to win two gold medals at the Paralympics.
After his arrest, Pistorius cancelled scheduled appearances in March, April and May in Australia, Brazil, the United States and Britain.
Coach Louw said the sprinter is nowhere close to being in a position to train as he just does fitness training exercises with his family every morning.