Omeri Dismisses Rumours Of Planned Attacks On Schools In Abuja
At a joint press briefing in Abuja on Friday, Mr Omeri assured Nigerians that security operatives had been mobilised to ensure adequate security in schools.
He said that messages were being circulated in the social media with the view to creating panic and anxiety among citizens to the effect that some schools are being targeted for attack in the FCT.
“The security agencies are working round the clock and had taken measure to ensure that schools are safe and that academic activities continue uninterrupted and unhindered.
“We appeal and advise citizens and members of the public to desist from spreading false alarm messages that could create panic and to work closely with security agencies and to make effective use of security alert phone number made available to the public,” he said.
He called on Nigerians to remain vigilant and report all suspicious movement to security agencies.
Mr Omeri’s statement is coming two days after a bomb blast at the Emab Plaza in Maitama, Abuja left 21 dead and 17 injured.