Luis Figo Launches His Manifesto For FIFA Presidency

FIFA PresidencyPortuguese great, Luis Figo, has launched his manifesto as he contests for FIFA presidency.

The former Barcelona, Real Madrid and Inter Milan star, says unrest he witnessed at the World Cup in Brazil and the furore surrounding Michael Garcia’s report into allegations of corruption at Fifa led him to stand.

“The Brazil report was one of the things that made me to take this step and announce that I’m here to try to change something that I believe should be done,” he told BBC.

One of the points that stood out in his manifesto is the plan to expand the World Cup format and return money to individual national football associations.

While he did not dispute the possibility of smaller nations backing him for the FIFA presidency because of this proposal, he said, “I am not doing this to win votes. I think my ideas are for the future of the organisation and the future of football.

“The money belongs to the associations and I think FIFA have done a good job but not so efficient like I propose.

“Another idea that I think is possible is regarding the reserves of FIFA right now. I propose in my manifesto that $500million is enough to cover all the running cost of the 4-year cycle.

Figo, who won 127 caps with Portugal, says he is “not worried” about the FIFA election turning “nasty”, adding that he is just focused on his ideas and how they affect his candidacy.

What is important to the 42 year old legend is convincing the associations about where changes are required and that he is the right man to bring the positive change to the global game.

Luís Figo, born November 4, 1972, retired from football on May 31, 2009.

EURO 2020 to be hosted by European continent –UEFA

UEFA general secretary; Gianni Infantino has confirmed that EURO 2020 will span across the the usual practice of one or two host nations as it has been decided that it will be staged in a number of cities across Europe, a decision that was taken during a meeting in Lausanne on Thursday, an idea that nurtured initially by UEFA president Michel Platini.

Gianni Infantino updated reporters after the meeting.

“Some important decisions have been taken,” he told reporters.

“UEFA Euro 2020 will be staged across the continent, in various major cities, following a decision taken today.

“The response has been extremely positive from all the national associations.”

The bidding process is scheduled to begin in March, when the format and number of host cities will be decided, although Wembley has already been put forward as a potential venue for the final.

FA chairman David Bernstein said: “Clearly Wembley is incredibly highly thought of by UEFA and it is something we will push for.

“UEFA want to hold the semi-finals and the final on the same ground, or in the same city and I think we would be on their shortlist – but there would be some strong competition.

“The public want it and we’d want it and it would be wonderful to have it here.” The company doesn’t release user numbers for the service, but said last year in a blog posting it had over 40 million users, although the majority of those are believed to be non-paying. Google competes with Microsoft’s “Office 365” online service, which offers an email service and online versions of its Word, PowerPoint and Excel programs from $6 per user, per month, which is increasingly integrated with the standard software versions.

A blog post Thursday by Clay Bavor, director of product management for Google Apps, said the service is used by “millions of businesses.” Bavor said eliminating the free version will help remove confusion about Google’s different offerings and provide a better experience for its business customers, who “quickly outgrow the basic version.”

Google has also worked to leverage its other properties to woo corporate customers. This includes offerings such as a service that lets businesses publish mobile Android apps for internal use on their own version of the Google Play online store, as well as online storage that scales up to thousands of terabytes.

Since launching a paid version of its online product in 2007, Google has gradually scaled down the size of businesses that can use it free of charge. In 2009, the limit was set at 50 users, and in 2011 it was lowered to 10 users, prior to ending the free portion of the service.