Court Strikes Out Case On Source Of Funds For Buhari’s Nomination Form

Justice Danlami Senchi of an Abuja High Court on Monday struck out the suit filed by Ozuzu Theodora and three others against President Muhammed Buhari.

The plaintiff had approached the court over the source of funds used in purchasing President Buhari’s nomination form for the 2019 Presidential election.

READ ALSO: 

Supreme Court Sacks Zamfara APC Candidates, Says Party Held No Primaries

Supreme Court Dismisses PDP’s Appeal, Affirms Fayemi’s Election

The court struck out the suit on the ground that it lacks jurisdiction to entertain the suit since section 308 of the 1999 constitution as amended confers immunity on President Buhari.

Justice Senchi also awarded the cost of N2million against the plaintiff for filing processes aimed at irritating and annoying the court including embarrassing public officers.

The plaintiff is ordered to pay the cost within 14 days.

2019: Buhari Accepts APC Presidential Forms Bought For Him

President Muhammadu Buhari has received the All Progressives Congress (APC) expression of interest and nomination forms.

The forms were presented to him on Tuesday by members of a group called National Consolidation Ambassadors Network (NCAN) at the presidential villa.

President Buhari while receiving the form spoke concerning the achievements of his administration.

He also took a swipe at those whom he said put personal interest above national interest and because of this have exited the party leaving patriotic party members to continue the struggle.

 

Human Rights lawyer and spokesperson of President Buhari’s Campaign Team, Festus Keyamo; Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Boss Mustapha and Minister Of Transport, Rotimi Amaechi were also at the presentation.

See photos below…

 

 

 

Nasarawa Governorship Race: Group Picks Nomination Form For Maku

Labaran-MakuA group of supporters has picked up an Expression of Interest and Nomination Form from the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) for former Minister of Information, Labaran Maku, to contest the Nasarawa State governorship elections.

The group, made up of youths from the state, said that the former Minister is the most credible aspirant that the party has for the Nasarawa governorship elections.

The President of the National Youth Council of Nigeria, Nasarawa chapter, Usman Abdulakim, disclosed that the group was determined to play a pivotal role in making sure that Maku unseats the incumbent governor, who is from a rival party.

However, current Governor of the state, Tanko Al-makura, had earlier said that he was set to announce his bid for re-election, following calls by various groups for him to re-contest in 2015.

Mr Al-makura made this known in Lafia while receiving a register containing hundreds of signatures collected by the people of Nasarawa North senatorial district in his support.

After the register and the Expression of Interest form for the Nasarawa Governorship race, which was bought for him, were presented to him by his campaign coordinator, the Governor said that he would heed their call in the affirmative.

Over 16 pressure groups have, in the last six weeks, endorsed Mr Al-makura for a second term, citing inclusive infrastructural and human capital development they have seen across the state.