Advertisement

FCT Minister Promises Investigation Into Abuja Attacks

Channels Television  
Updated November 19, 2016

muhammed-belloThe Federal Capital Territory, (FCT), Minister, Muhammed Bello, has promised to commence thorough investigation into the attacks on two communities that led to the death of one person and kidnap of 10 others.

He made this known to pressmen after an emergency and security meeting with stakeholders of communities in his office in Abuja on Friday.

A 28-year-old man, Zakariyya Nuhu, was killed, while 10 persons were kidnapped, in the attacks on Darka and Huni-Gade communities on Sunday and Thursday, respectively.

Mr Bello called for calm over the recent attacks in the territory, with the assurance that security agencies were on top of the situation.

The Minister said that the FCT administration and the security agencies had been following the development in the communities and had put measures in place to tackle the problem headlong.

He advised the residents not to give any ethnic coloration to the attacks, stating that killing and kidnapping of the innocent residents were purely criminal and that the culprits would be treated as such.

He assured them that the administration and the security agencies had outlined ways of handling the unpleasant situation and that all those involved would surely be arrested and prosecuted.

He commiserated with the communities as well as the families of those affected in the unfortunate incidents after which he encouraged residents to go about their normal businesses.

To further allay their apprehension, he said security agencies had been deployed to all parts of the territory, especially the affected places, to ensure the security of lives and property.

Mr Bello urged residents to pass any useful information to relevant agencies nearest to them, as well as to traditional and community leaders.












Advertisement