Yobe Attack: Parents Form Association, Demand Recuse Of ‘105 Schoolgirls’
Parents of some of the abducted students of Government Girls Science and Technical College Dapchi, Yobe state, have formed an association as they demand the rescue of their children.
Following the development, the association on Saturday, was able to ascertain and put the number of missing girls at 105.
The students were said to have disappeared after gunmen suspected to be Boko Haram terrorists invaded the school on Monday.
There were, however, conflicting reports of the number of those abducted, in the wake of false reports that some of them had been found.
While many have said that the fresh attack brings back memories of the Chibok incident which occurred in 2014, the parents who are still trying to come to terms with the news, have refused to rely solely on the government’s efforts this time.
Chairman of the association, Bashir Manzo who spoke to Channels Television, said the sole aim of the parents is to ensure justice is done in their struggle in actualising the return of the girls.
More on Headlines
MORE FROM CHANNELS TV