Chelsea’s Moses Seals Fenerbahce Switch

 

Chelsea’s Nigeria star Victor Moses has joined Fenerbahce on a one-and-a-half-year loan deal.

Moses agreed to make the switch to the Turkish club after falling out of favour under Chelsea manager Maurizio Sarri.

The 28-year-old has not featured for Chelsea since October, after making six appearances in all competitions and starting just once.

Moses will stay with Fenerbahce until the end of the 2019-20 season.

READ ALSO: Sala: Licence Of Pilot Flying Premier League Player Under Scrutiny

“Victor Moses has today joined Fenerbahce on loan until the end of the 2019-20 season,” a Chelsea statement said. “We wish Victor, a popular member of the squad, all the best on his loan deal in Turkey.”

Moses moved to Chelsea from Wigan in August 2012 but had loan spells at Liverpool, Stoke and West Ham before finally establishing himself in the team.

Moses was converted from a winger to wing-back by Sarri’s predecessor Antonio Conte, playing a key role in the 2016-17 Premier League title triumph and 2018 FA Cup success.

He signed a contract extension in March 2017 to commit himself to Chelsea until the end of the 2020-21 campaign.

Police Release Moses Motoni On Bail

The Police have granted bail to a human rights defender and a project tracking official at BudgIT Nigeria, Moses Motoni.

A group, Socio-Economic Rights and Accountability Project (SERAP) had earlier sent an urgent appeal to the UN in a statement on Wednesday drawing attention to Motoni’s arrest.

The Police in reaction released a statement on its official Facebook page on Wednesday saying Mr Motoni is alive and was not arrested by SARS.

“Moses Motoni is alive, healthy and in good condition. He was not arrested by SARS Operatives but by a Police Team based on the case of inciting public disturbance reported against him. He’s being granted bail.

“Mr Moses Motoni was not arrested by SARS Operatives but by a Police Team on the case of Inciting Public Disturbance reported against him which occurred on the 1st and 2nd of December, 2017 at Gbako, Tandzun and Bida Villages on Federal Constituency Project.”

The Force Public Relations Officer, Jimoh Moshood said the matter is under investigation as Mr Moses is been released on bail.

Subsequently, Moses has been asked to reach out to his office and relative to come take him on bail.

Moses, Troost-Ekong Nominated For CAF Awards

Moses, Troost-Ekong Nominated For CAF Awards

Super Eagles forward Victor Moses and defender William Troost-Ekong have been nominated for the 2017 African Footballer of the Year award.

Other notable nominees in the 30-man list include Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang of Gabon, Egypt’s Mohamed Salah, Cameroon goalkeeper Fabrice Ondoa, Senegalese forward Sadio Mane and Christian Atsu of Ghana.

The winner will be decided by votes from head coaches/technical directors of the national associations, members of the CAF Technical and Development Committee, as well as a panel of media experts.

The awards gala would be held on Thursday, January 4, 2018, in Accra, Ghana.

Moses, Balogun In CAF XI For Matchday Four

Moses, Balogun In CAF XI For Matchday Four
File photo: Victor Moses

Super Eagles forward Victor Moses and defender Leon Balogun have been named in CAF’s starting 11 for Matchday Four of the 2018 World Cup qualifiers.

Both players displayed outstanding performance as Nigeria got a 1-1 draw against Cameroon on Monday in Yaounde.

Others in the 3-4-3 formation are Uganda’s Denis Onyango (goalkeeper), Ahmed Hegazy (defender) from Egypt, and Stoppila Sunzu from Zambia (defender).

Ghana’s Thomas Partey, Naim Sliti of Tunisia and Sadio Mane from Senegal join Moses in the midfield.

The attack is made of Garry Rodrigues of Cape Verde, Burkina Faso’s Alain Traore and Mohamed Salah of Egypt.

Moses, Nsofor Score To Book Nigeria’s Ticket To Brazil 2014 W/Cup

Nigeria on Saturday became the first African nation to qualify for the 2014 World Cup after beating Ethiopia 2-0 at the U. J. Esuene Stadium in Calabar.

Victor Moses and substitute Obinna Nsofor netted either side of the break for the African  champions, who advanced 4-1 on aggregate following their 2-1 victory in Addis Ababa on October 13.Nigeria controlled the game from the opening minutes with Emmanuel Emenike and Moses forcing Sisay Bancha to make a few saves inside the opening 10 minutes.The Super Eagles continued to threaten but failed to score, until Moses calmed the nerves of the yearning fans after putting Nigeria ahead from the spot in the 20th minute, after Aynalem Hailu was adjudged to have handled the ball inside the Ethiopian box.

Moses, however, picked up a yellow card for taking off his shirt while celebrating the goal.

Onazi tested Bancha with a shot from off the box in the 42nd minute, but Ideye had little time to compose himself before blasting the rebound over the bar, as Nigeria held unto their lead going into the break.

Ethiopia resumed the second half with more determination, as they dominated possession in the opening minutes.

The Walya Antelopes were however unable to create any reasonable goalscoring chance.

Getaneh Kebede almost came into a one-on-one situation with Enyeama in the 54th minute, but former Enyimba goaltender rushed forward to gather the ball.

Kenneth Omeruo had to be substituted for Azubuike Egwuekwe in the 68th minute after picking up an injury.

Nsofor came on for Moses in the 78th minute, and doubled Nigeria’s lead with a direct free kick four minutes later, to seal Nigeria’s qualification for next year’s showpiece in Brazil.

 

 

Eagles trash Liberia 6-1, qualifies for Nations Cup

The city of Calabar went agog with celebration as Nigeria’s Super Eagles emerged winner of the much awaited, much talked about and the much strategized game between them and the Lone Stars of Liberia this evening after walloping the Liberians 6-1 in the second leg of the 2013 African Cup of Nations qualifiers billed to hold in South Africa.

With this evening’s match outcome, Nigeria has successfully booked its ticket to feature in the finals of the AFCON 2013 with an aggregate of 8-3 after the first leg in Liberia produced a 2-2 draw.

A double from Chelsea new signing Victor Moses sealed victory for the Super eagles while goals from Efe Ambrose, Ahmed Musa, Mikel Obi and Ikechukwu Uche made sure Nigeria held onto the pathway of victory from kick-off.

Bitter memories of the Super Eagles’ dismal performance which denied them the ticket to the last edition of the Nations Cup held in Gabon and Equatorial Guinea early this year will be a thing of the past as football pundits can be rest assured that a Super Eagles squad that will produce impressive results has once again emerged as the evening’s game was the first game since Nigeria- Ethiopia match that the Super Eagles were able to produce a swell score line against an opponent.

Goge Africa’s co host Nneka Moses gives birth after 13 years

Isaac and Nneka Moses

Nneka the wife of the popular tv show host Isaac Moses has given birth to a bouncing baby boy after 13 years of waiting.
Isaac wrote on his face book wall yesterday “All honour and glory to God; my wife has delivered a beautiful baby boy.

And just looking at him, I realize he is worth the long wait. So welcome baby Kamara Isaac Moses.”

The couple met on set in a movie ‘’Love in Vandetta’’ in 1996 and later got married in 1998.

They are presently the host of the Tv show Goge Africa.