The Police authority investigating the $620, 000 bribe allegedly collected by the Chairman of House of Representatives probe committee on oil subsidy, Farouk Lawan has named the lawmaker as the ‘Prime Suspect’ in the bribery allegation .

Mr Otedola who was invited by the Special Task Force team to make a statement on the issue told them that all he had said about the issue so far was the truth, adding that he has nothing to hide
He said that the bribe in question, was given to Mr Lawan who collected $500, 000 in cash and the Secretary of the committee, Boniface Emenalo who collected $120, 000 in two instalments of $20, 000 and $100, 000 respectively.
When reminded that under the laws of the country, the giver and the taker of bribe are both culpable, the oil magnate told the Special Task Force that the money in question was gotten wholesale, from the State Security Service (SSS), adding that it was so done to exonerate himself and to show that he was pressurized against his will to part with the money because he was aware of the implications before the law.
Mr Otedola further gave the police audio and video evidence of how the lawmaker got the first instalment of the bribe and how he demanded the balance.
Besides submitting the video and audio evidence, he told Police investigators how the lawmaker mounted pressure on him with a list of senior officials of the House who he claimed were to be settled with the bribe money.
The oil magnate admitted he gave the money to Mr Lawan to get his oil marketing firm, Zenon Petroleum, cleared of indictment over fuel subsidy fraud that involved several firms and cost the nation more than N1.7 trillion.
Sources say Mr Otedola’s appearance before the Police was on his own volition.
Meanwhile, the House of Representatives has said that it cannot discuss the issue of bribery allegation against Mr Lawan until Tuesday.
The Chairman of the House Committee on Media and Public Affairs, Zakari Mohammed in response to enquries stated that “no decision can be taken before Tuesday; keep all enquiries till we resume on Tuesday next week.”
The House of Representatives is currently on a one week recess.