Fire engulfs National Stadium
An early morning fire on Wednesday engulfed part if the National Stadium, Surulere, Lagos.
According to eye witnesses, the fire was caused by an electric spark in a restaurant and bar within the complex.
The fire affected a commercial part of the complex as fire fighters ensured that the inferno did not spread beyond the area close to the D-Entrance of the National Stadium.
Other parts of the stadium remained intact after the fire was put off as security was tighten up with the complex.
Despite of the early morning incident, activities have resumed again at the complex as boxing gym close to the affected area is a beehive of activities with boxers training.
The National Stadium in Lagos was built in 1972 to serve as the main venue for the 1973 edition of the All Africa Games.
More on Sports
MORE FROM CHANNELS TV