Advertisement

Bomb Incident At Enugu Was A Scare – IGP

Channels Television  
Updated March 29, 2015

IGPThe Inspector-General of Police, (IGP) Suleiman Abba says that the bomb incident that occurred at one of the polling units on Saturday in Enugu was to scare people involved in the electoral process.

He said that nobody was hurt as the election was completed and not disrupted in that polling unit.

Speaking via the telephone as a guest on Channels Television’s election coverage programme, ‘Nigeria 2015’, the IGP said that there were more personnel to cover the extended elections holding at isolated areas and to protect the results to enable credible elections.

The IGP also commented on officers accused of snatching ballot boxes from voters, he stated that all the officers on ground had been trained to give accountability to the nation for their duties.

He, however, warned that any officer caught snatching ballot papers would face the law squarely and would be punished.

The IGP also stated that there would be no movement restriction on Sunday except areas where elections were being held.

He advised persons who have no business at the polling unit to stay away.