Acne :Causes and its Treatment.
What is Acne?
Acne is a disease of the sheath of cells and connective tissues that surrounds the root of the hair of the face, chest and back.
This affects both male and female especially during puberty, Acne is not caused by bacteria although bacteria plays a role in its development.
Symptoms of Acne
• Acne can appear on the face as congested pores (black heads)
• Pimples or red bumps
• Cysts or boils
Causes of Acne
• oily skin :- This happens when the oil glands is attached to the hair follicles stimulated at the time of puberty.
• The clogged hair follicle gradually enlarges, producing a bump. As the follicle enlarges, the wall may rupture, allowing irritating substances and normal skin bacteria access into the deeper layers of the skin, ultimately producing inflammation.
• Cosmetics: Some cosmetics and skin-care products are pore clogging (“comedogenic”). Of the many available brands of skin-care products, it is important to read the list of ingredients and choose those which have water listed first or second if you are concerned about acne. These “water-based” products are usually safe.
• Stress: Some people get so upset by their pimples that they pick at them and make them last longer. Stress, however, does not play much of a direct role in causing acne.
• Drugs: Some medications may cause or worsen acne, such as those containing iodides, bromides, or oral or injected steroids (either the medically prescribed prednisone [Deltasone, Orasone, Prednicen-M, Liquid Pred] or the steroids that bodybuilders or athletes take). Other drugs that can cause or aggravate acne are anticonvulsant medications and lithium (Eskalith, Lithobid), which is used to treat bipolar disorder. Most cases of acne, however, are not drug related.
• Honey:- Regular applying of Honey on the face would help to heal the acne, it can also be used as a sleeping mask.
• Water:- water should be taken regularly at least 8-10 ounces of water should be taken every day to have a fresh and healthy skin.
• Face steaming should be done regularly , it helps in cleansing extracting the oil and given the skin an even tone.
• Cucumbers is also good for acne rubbing it on the affected area would also help in given the skin an even texture.