Nigeria Defense Ministry Retracts Report On Release Of 121 School Girls
The military had made a categorical statement on Wednesday night that the Army had rescued the girls and were hot on the track of the abductors.
However, reports on Thursday evening seemed like the Nigerian Defence Ministry has retracted its statement that 121 of the girls have been released and re-united with their families and only were 8 still missing.
The Director, Defence Information, Major-General Chris Olukolade told Channels Television on Thursday evening that the military was not prepared to engage anyone or group in the figure debate.
He said that since the School Principal and State Government were aware of the figure of students missing, the military would rather defer to them on the matter.
The Army had also earlier claimed that one of the terrorist involved in the operation had been captured alive.