Advertisement

Egypt Vows To Continue Sinai Offensive ‘Until IS Removed’

Channels Television  
Updated July 2, 2015

isEgypt’s military has vowed to continue its attack against Islamic State (IS) militants in the Sinai Peninsula, after clashes left more than 100 dead.

The army maintained that operations will not stop until they rid the area of all terrorist activities.

Air strikes continued into the early hours of Thursday.

The army says 17 soldiers were among those killed after militants launched simultaneous raids on military checkpoints in Sheikh Zuweid and Rafah crossing.

The attack was one of the largest coordinated assaults in the area yet by IS local affiliate, Sinai Province.

It was reported on Wednesday that Separately, security officials said nine members of the now banned Muslim Brotherhood, including former MP, Nasr al-Hafi, had been killed in a Police raid in Western Cairo.