It was like the proverbial masquerade whose face would never be seen but at long last the masquerade has been unmasked by the Senate as the Senate President on Tuesday read out the list of ministerial nominees sent by President Muhammadu Buhari.
One by one they were revealed; most known and a few making their debut on the national scene.
Dr. Bukola Saraki unveiled the names of the men and women that are expected to make up the President’s cabinet if they scale through their screening on Tuesday.
Some of the notable names on the list are former governors; Babatunde Fashola, Kayode Fayemi, Rotimi Amaechi and Dr. Chris Ngige.
The ministerial list has;
1. Dr. Chris Ngige – Fmr. Governor of Anambra State
2. Dr. Kayode Fayemi – Fmr. Governor of Ekiti State
3. Hon. Rotimi Amaechi – Fmr. Governor of Rivers State
4. Mr. Babatunde Fashola, SAN – Fmr. Governor of Lagos State
5. Gen. Abdurrahman Dambazau (Rtd.) – Fmr. Chief of Defence Staff
6. Hajiya Aisha Alhassan – Fmr. Federal Lawmaker and Governorship Candidate
7. Dr. Ogbonaya Onu – Fmr. Governor of Abia State and Fmr. National Chairman of the All Nigeria Peoples Party (which is part of the ruling All Progressives Congress)
8. Mrs. Kemi Adeosun – Fmr. Commissioner for Finance in Ogun State (South West Nigeria)
9. Alh. Abubakar Malami – A Senior Advocate of Nigeria
10. Dr. Emmanuel Kachikwu – Group Managing Director, NNPC
11. Chief Audu Ogbeh – Fmr. Minister of Agricultural and Fmr. National Chairman of PDP
12. Sen. Hadi Sidika – Fmr. Federal Lawmaker
13. Ibrahim Usman Jibril
14. Udoma Udoh Udoma – Fmr. Federal Lawmaker
15. Ahmed Musa
16. Alh. Lai Mohammed – Nat. Publicity Secretary of APC
17. Suleiman Adamu
18. Chief Adebayo Shittu
19. Solomon Dalong – A Legal Practitioner
20. Amina Ibrahim – Special Adviser to the United Nation’s Secretary-General on Post-2015 Development Planning.
Senate President, Sen. Bukola Saraki, announced that the screening of ministerial nominees on the list would commence on Tuesday, October 13, 2015.
Minority Leader, Sen. Godswill Akpabio, raised a Point of Order on the need for the list of the nominees to cover all states of the federation. This was greeted with reactions from the lawmakers.