#BBOG Group Praises Military Over Release Of 21 Chibok Girls
The #BringBackBackOurGirls Campaign Group has welcomed news of the release of the Chibok girls while praising the military for the efforts so far.
In a statement jointly signed by co-conveners of the movement, Oby Ezekwesili and Aisha Yesufu, the group said that the “wonderful development” confirms what it has always known about the activity of the government to rescue the Chibok girls.
The group said that while it awaits further details, it salutes the work of the nation’s security services at the front lines: its commitment, resilience and tireless efforts of the members of the Multi-National Joint Task Force and the Civilian JTF.
The group also thanked the International Committee of the Red Cross, the Swiss government and all negotiators involved in securing the release.
It, however, urged the international community to continue to support the government’s effort to rescue all other abducted Nigerians, so that parents, the Chibok community, the nation, and the world at large can finally put an end to the nightmare once and for all.
The Spokesman for the President on Thursday, confirmed that 21 out of the Chibok girls kidnapped by the Boko Haram militants, have been released.