Advertisement

Boko Haram Video: Bolori, Wakili On Wanted List Report To Army

Channels Television  
Updated August 15, 2016

Bolori, Wakili link with Boko HaramTwo out of the three persons declared wanted by the Nigerian Army on Sunday in connection with the latest Boko Haram video on the abducted Chibok girls have turned themselves in.

The acting spokesman for the Nigerian Army, Colonel Sani Usman, told Channels Television on Monday that while Ahmed Bolori, who is based in Maiduguri, reported at the army base in Maiduguri, Aisha Wakil reported at the Defence Headquarters in Abuja.

Colonel Usman, however, said that the two were released after questioning.

He had in an earlier statement said that the suspects, Bolori and Wakil and the third person, Ahmed Salkida, had information on the conditions and the exact location of the over 200 abducted girls.

They were abducted on April 14, 2014 from their school’s dormitory in Chibok, while they were preparing for their Secondary School Certificate examinations.

Colonel Usman said that two recent incidents had pointed to the fact that the suspects were connected to the terrorist group.

The Third Wanted Person

Meanwhile, the third wanted person, Salkida and Wakil had expressed shock at the decision of the army to declare them wanted.

In his reaction to the declaration by the army, Mr Salkida, who is not in Nigeria at the moment, said that he was prepared to return to Nigeria and had indeed kick started the process to honour the invitation.

A statement issued by Mr Salkida on Monday said that the army knew he was not in Nigeria prior to being declared wanted.

He said that his return home would be quickened if the government could fund his trip.

Salkida added that the army was declaring him wanted for simply carrying out his professional duties as a journalist, stressing that he does most of his work with ‘total allegiance and sacrifice to the Federal Republic of Nigeria’.

On her part, Mrs Wakil insisted that she had been fighting for peace long before the Chibok girls were kidnapped and was well known to the security operatives.

She wondered why she was being declared missing since she did not have a shady character.

”I have had meetings with (the) Chief of Army Staff and his people.

“I told them the way forward, to allow me come with some commanders of Boko Haram and discuss with them and present the release of CBGS.

“But they chose to do things their own ways only and never gave considerations to any of my suggestions,” she said in a statement.












Advertisement